Increase font size
Topic Title: 64FX, 64, X2 question?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/01/2005 01:28 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/01/2005 01:28 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
---> Adams <---

Hi, I was just wondering which processor is best for my computer im building im building a computer that is going to be a modded gaming machine/ office use machine it will have the latest sli nvidia graphics card x2 and a sli motherboard the asus deleaux edition, with 200GB of ram and kinston 1GB ram memory x2. with microsoft xp sp2 home office .And i would like to know which processor would be the best to use i've read descriptions on the 64 family and i can't decide which one to choose the

- AMD Athlon 64 /excl.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='excl.gif' />
or
- AMD Athlon 64 FX /excl.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='excl.gif' />
or
- AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core. /excl.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='excl.gif' />

Please help me make my decision? /biggrin.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='biggrin.gif' />

11/01/2005 01:47 PM

Author Icon
bp1019

Well, the FX 57 is the best gaming CPU on the market now so if that would be your main use I would go with that. If you want better multitasking capabilities you should go with an X2 to get the dual core benefits. If you want to save some money then go with the 64, they do not perform as well as an FX or x2 but they are very good CPUs at a lower cost.

The X2 will be even better for gaming when the game makers start taking advantage of the dual processing capabilities. That would probably be the best bet to get the X2 4800 which is still at 2.4ghz and a 2M L2 cache. You OC it and you got an FX X2 gaming/workstation beast. /biggrin.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='biggrin.gif' />

-------------------------

-Proud owner of a DFI because chicks dig "Big" OCs
Repsgaminglounge
 11/01/2005 01:58 PM

Author Icon
---> Adams <---

cheers for that i did have the X2 as my main one and i agree with you it would be best for the multitasking capabilties it has as i will be running a high spec computer. And it will be my main use as a gaimg computer cheers for that mate. cant wait to get this beast running /biggrin.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='biggrin.gif' /> X2 it is them, just incase they do do what you said
;d plus it wuld hlp as im getting two monitors for my pc. as my graphics cards can take up to 4 montors. i.e two each for each card, but im getting one for each card /smile.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='smile.gif' /> /tongue.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='tongue.gif' /> /cool.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='cool.gif' /> /happy.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='happy.gif' />
 11/01/2005 08:24 PM

Author Icon
leexgx
Case Modder

nvidia cards only support 2 out puts on SLI mode

Gameing > AMD64 5000+ X2 Black (OC 3.2ghz - 1.375v) > TK Big Typoon > Asus M2N32-SLI delux > 2.2gb 4gb Gell ram > NVIDIA 8800 GTX > X-FI

Server > phenom 9500 (OC 2.475ghz 1.3v)> 4gb ram > Asus M3A32-MVP> lots of disk space
 11/02/2005 01:31 AM

Author Icon
KillerX

I got the FX 57, great with games. But in the long run the X2 prob be better. I have the Asus A8N Sli Premium mobo so if I like I can buy the X2 later on /smile.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='smile.gif' /> But gf will kill me /sad.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='sad.gif' />

AMD 64 FX 57
2gig 3200 RAM
2x 7800GTX Video Cards
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information