Increase font size
Topic Title: windows 64-bit beta
Topic Summary:
Created On: 06/25/2005 11:42 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/25/2005 11:42 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
soccermike7

i ordered stuff for a new pc, coming in monday (a64 3000+ venice) i saw that the 64-bit beta is free to download, but only for 120 days. my question is, what are the advantages/disadvantages to the 64bit os.

if its only good for that long, i dont know why i'd bother unless there's something really cool about it.

any info is appreciated

Thanks
 06/26/2005 07:44 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
flippin_waffles

mike, i'm not sure where you are looking, but there is actually a trial version to download. i would avoid the beta version and try the final product.
as for benefits, there are some gains, depending on what you want to use it for. there isn't a complete list of drivers out yet, but it's getting close. i've got full functionality of my hardware on 64bit. there aren't alot of 64 bit native software out yet though. since it comes with the wow emulator though it works fine with 32 bit software as well. give it a try, if nothing else it will be something to learn about.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information