Increase font size
Topic Title: HP Pavilion a530n Questions
Topic Summary:
Created On: 08/10/2004 12:46 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/10/2004 12:46 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
KevinB52379

Hi all,
I have a few questions that I hope someone can help me with. I recently received an HP Pavilion a530n desktop (I realize building a PC is best but I am legally blind and not able to see the small components). It has an AMD Athlon 64 3200+ processor, 512MB RAM and 200gb hard drive. Anyway, I was hoping someone could clear a few questions for me.

First of all, when I look in the BIOS under hardware monitor, I see the fan RPM for the cpu and computer. I also see the temperature of the processor, which is running around 39-41 degrees celcius, is this ok?

Second, I was looking at some things in CPU-Z and I was wondering if anyone could help clarify some things.
I thought I read somewhere that the HTT for the processor was supposed to be 800mhz? Mine is listed at almost 200mhz, isn't this quite slow? I thought I read that this chipset operated at 600mhz or 800mhz for the HTT.

(CPU-Z Specs)

On the Mainboard tab I have the following:
Manufacturer: ASUSTek Computer Inc.
Model: Diablo 1.xx
Chipset nVidia nForce3 150 Revision A4
Southbridge: nVidia nForce3 150
BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. 3.09 Date 5/7/04 (I upgraded the BIOS to the latest version available from HP's website).

I also don't understand what the memory section means. Can someone tell me what I have and whether the RAM is decent for all around applications (I'm not a gamer).
Infineon DDR-SDRAM PC2700
512 MB, Single Channel
Timings:
166.3mhz
FSBRAM: CPU/12
CAS#Latency: 2.5 Clocks
RAS# to CAS# Delay: 3 Clocks
RAZ $ Precharge: 3 clocks
Cyle Time (Tras): 7 clocks
Bank Cycle Time (Trc): 10 clocks
DRAM Idle Timers: 16 clocks
(the last two spots are grayed out).

The processor is an AMD Athlon 64 3200+ (Clawhammer..i believe the c0 revision? When C & Q is turned on the speed drops to 800mhz).
If anyone could help ease my confusion I'd appreciate it. (by the way the video card is an Nvidia GeForce FX 5200 if that helps).
 08/10/2004 03:37 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
KevinB52379

Does anyone have any comments?

Also, is there a program I can use in Windows XP to check the temperatures of my cpu like I can in the bios? Maybe something from Nvidia?
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information