Increase font size
Topic Title: Upgrading, Motherboard, Processor
Topic Summary:
Created On: 12/05/2006 01:48 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/05/2006 01:48 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
br3nn

Hi there,

I am sorry to write this forum and i can tell i will get someone sending me a message telling me to F**K Off. Well i still think this will be the best place for my questions.

Back to the question

I am thinking about upgrading my PC to a high spec gaming PC. So my questions are simple for ppl out there that know all the info about AMDs.

Before anyone asks im a AMD Fan So plz dnt tell me to ave Intel lol.

First off Processor, I would like to get something on the lines of a 5000+ 64 X2 or 5200+ due to reading up on this product i believe this product is top dog. But still open to any other processors that you may think it betta?

I would like to know what motherboard someone could offer me that would run this processor without problems? Having in mind i will be getting a New Graphics card *Thinking about the new nvidia it is a dual twin card thing so needing the space in motherboard" Also wanting @ least 2Gb ram. The hard drive can be updated after when the PC is build and i re saved more money lol.

I am srry is ppl out there are now after reading this but i thought this would be the best place.

I hope to hear from you lot soon,

What PC will be used for
Gaming, "HL2, DOOM3, etc" < - Wantin Ultra High Mode Graphics without freezin. MAIN reason for upgrading

Burning, CD/DVDs < - reason for wanting High Ram and Fast AMD Processor. @ Min my PC can manage to burn a dvd but that is it

Windows Vista < - I know a lot of ppl out there is now thinking what the fck do you want that for. Dnt ask

Thats it really, If you ave info on graphics, or ram Im open to anything? Want to get PC right the first time know money wasting! Also any Webbys for products for gd value im here to learn thanks

Incase ppl r thinkin shell etc, Im wanting to build it inside my PC @ min it is a simple shell and it may save me a little,

PC SPEC @ Min
Motherboard < - Not sure lol,

Processor < - AMD Athlon XP 3200+ <- U can tell i have had this for couple years

Graphics < - Geforce FX 5200 258MB <- [content edited] I know lol, Can run counter strike 1.6 or CZ cant do much with Source

HDD <- 160Gb Happy for now
RAM <- 512MB <- Never added more

Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information