Increase font size
Topic Title: AM2 Mounting Hardware
Topic Summary:
Created On: 06/30/2006 10:57 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/30/2006 10:57 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Orville

Would some knowledgable person please point me at links to the following AM2 mounting components. I've looked through AMD's documents for a day, without any success:

1. Sockets - Is it Molex 47099-XXXX? It it the only one?

2. That plastic looking ring that surrounds the socket. I need a drawing of it, as well as product info.

3. A mechanical drawing that explains the screw-down heat sink mounting scheme. Is the HS bolted to the mobo or chassis?

I am very grateful in advance,

Orville
 06/30/2006 02:09 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
bvchurch

Well I don't know how much I can provide as far as diagrams are concerened

1) Well the socket itself is a pin grid array setup with a zero insertion force lever/setup. The number of pins slots is 940.
2) The plasting thing is basically there as a bracket to help hold up the heatsink and make sure it was properly set.
3) well I am not sure of a mechanical drawing. The black plastic "ring" that surrounds the processor socket is usually screwed or snapped into the mtoherboard at pre drilled holes. If you look at the back of the motherboard you will note that there is usually a heatsink mounting backplate. The heatsink itself usually just sits on top of the processor and uses mounting clips that go over the black plastic "ring".
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information