AMD Processors
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: audio drivers for amd athlon 64 3000+
Topic Summary:
Created On: 02/22/2007 06:14 AM
Status: Read Only
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/22/2007 06:14 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
albert meyn
Junior Member

Posts: 2
Joined: 02/22/2007

have formated my computer and installed windows xp sp2 but dont have the drivers for the mother board. please help me for the same and the audio drivers too
 02/22/2007 07:08 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
majmac01
Senior Member

Posts: 621
Joined: 09/20/2005

quote:

Originally posted by: albert meyn
have formated my computer and installed windows xp sp2 but dont have the drivers for the mother board. please help me for the same and the audio drivers too


At the very least you will need to give model details of your motherboard!
OR ...
Secondly, go to the web site of your motherboard manufacturer and download and install the latest drivers.
Or ...
Thirdly, use your installation CD that would have come with your motherboard.
 02/22/2007 07:13 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Agis
Member

Posts: 73
Joined: 01/26/2007

Which mobo you have?

Go to the site that your mobo came from and then support page, and will find what you looking for.

If you mentioned what mobo you have i could give you the link.


Agis

-------------------------
Opteron 185 2.6Ghz(Toledo)@3003mhz (273X11-1.3v-HT 1365mhz),
Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe,
Asus EN8800 GTX,
Corsair Twinx2048-3500LLPRO@DDR546 2.8v,
WD 120GB sata2 ,WD 250GB Sata2,
Sound Blaster X-Fi fatality,
PCP&C 750Watt Quad,
 02/27/2007 11:11 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
DarkFulgoreII
Junior Member

Posts: 2
Joined: 02/27/2007

hi.i have the same problem.....recently, i buy a gateway laptop (mt6451), this laptop had winvista so. I installed winxp pro sp2, but audio driver doesn't work. specs. RS485M chipset ati-amd, sigmatel 9250 audio device and turion fx2 t50 .
i tried with the vista driver and other similar sigmatel drivers, but works with problems (sound dissapear randomsly and requires device restart)....

amd or ati websites don't have drivers for the chipset or the audio device.... i need hellp.!!!
 02/28/2007 12:17 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
majmac01
Senior Member

Posts: 621
Joined: 09/20/2005

quote:

Originally posted by: DarkFulgoreII
hi.i have the same problem.....recently, i buy a gateway laptop (mt6451), this laptop had winvista so. I installed winxp pro sp2, but audio driver doesn't work. specs. RS485M chipset ati-amd, sigmatel 9250 audio device and turion fx2 t50 .
i tried with the vista driver and other similar sigmatel drivers, but works with problems (sound dissapear randomsly and requires device restart)....

amd or ati websites don't have drivers for the chipset or the audio device.... i need hellp.!!!


So you went backwards and installed an older Operating System?
I would say that none of the drivers that came with your laptop will work, for they are not guaranteed to workon older Operating Systems.
At the very least you will have to remove EVERY trace of Vista from your system (e.g. low-level format of your HDD) and then install your WinXP again. Make sure that you obtain the XP drivers and do not use the Vista ones.
Gate may have older chipset drivers for your laptop, that would be the best place to start.
 02/28/2007 12:22 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
DarkFulgoreII
Junior Member

Posts: 2
Joined: 02/27/2007

quote:

Originally posted by: majmac01
So you went backwards and installed an older Operating System?
I would say that none of the drivers that came with your laptop will work, for they are not guaranteed to workon older Operating Systems.
At the very least you will have to remove EVERY trace of Vista from your system (e.g. low-level format of your HDD) and then install your WinXP again. Make sure that you obtain the XP drivers and do not use the Vista ones.
Gate may have older chipset drivers for your laptop, that would be the best place to start.




yes .... i went backwards....many applications are incompatible (example poseidon 5.x). thats not the point.
i was downloaded many sygmatel drivers for winxp but are unstable, in the oher hand, i tried to force vista drivers (6.x drivers ), but doesn't work.


i can install driver 5.x and works for a moment, then the device dies. i have to restart the device, going to device manager and choosing disable device and enable again. that's ..... bad.
 03/09/2007 01:16 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
albert meyn
Junior Member

Posts: 2
Joined: 02/22/2007

hi i have a amd athlon 64 3000+ mother board
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.



Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information