Increase font size
Topic Title: ASUS K8V SE Deluxe
Topic Summary:
Created On: 06/26/2004 05:49 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/26/2004 05:49 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
rneuko

I go the second NEW Asus K8V SE Deluxe. The first one never recovered from the bad BIOS checksum message. The new one happens to boot from time to time, but normally I get bad BIOS checksum. Although it's rewritten with the recovery BIOS-file (at least the system tells me it did), there is normally the same message.
I changed everything: PSU, VGA card, RAM, nothing.
And once, when i came through the POST, I tried to update with BIOS rev. 1003, but the system told me, that this file is not valid ?!
CPU is 3200, PSU ist Enermax EG465AX-VE, RAM is Winbond (on the Asus-list), VGA is XFXFX5700 (Pine).
What shall I do next??
 06/26/2004 10:13 PM

Author Icon
tygk_83

I'm using an Asus K8V Deluxe, and it will occasionaly give me a "bad checksum" message. There was a post a while back about this but i'm not sure if they ever decided what it was. You might check to make sure that your motherboard isn't shorting out aginst the case.
 06/27/2004 09:03 AM

Author Icon
rneuko

The back of my mobo is isolated, but I will nevertheless check again (I went back to my recent XP2800+).
But I have the error-message when I try to update the BIOS:
ROM file ROMID is not compatible with existing BIOS ROMID.
So I even can't update my BIOS!
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information