AMD Processors
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: "F:/not a valid win32 application" what did i do ?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 10/05/2009 04:10 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/05/2009 04:10 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Abdulrehman

I have Asus 64 x2 processor with Motherboard- M2NVM-DVI- 4 GB Ram DDR2 -
250 GM Hard disk, 512 Graphic Card (NVIDIA),

My 1st problem is that,
i have win XP SP2 64 bit OS, when i insert CD for installation and double click on DVD Writer icon, it says "F:/not a valid win32 application" so, plz tell me is this a CD error, or DVD writer error, or is this my processor does not compatible with 64 bit OS.

My 2nd problem is that,
when i install PC DVD games, like- Need for Speed, Burnout Paradise, it runs correct for a 5 min. after that it has error, it does very slow, so plz tell me what is the problem exact. is this also processor error.

Plzz..... help me.

My english is poor, so i m sorry if i wrote something wrong.

Thanks
 10/05/2009 07:00 AM

Author Icon
Orn
Titanic Jelly Hammer

well your first problem is OS related since you mentioned you're on XP 64bit, if I were you I'd get rid of it since XP 64bit was never really preferred in the first place, Vista 64bit is awesome btw

and about your second problem I'm guessing its a psu problem, what nvidia card are you using and also what psu are you using, and mentioning the exact model of the processor could help up giving you a clear answer
 10/05/2009 08:23 AM

Author Icon
Abdulrehman

i m sorry, i mean to say that i m using win xp sp2 32 bit right now. and i have win XP SP2 64 bit OS also, so if i go to install it, it says "F:/not a valid win32 application", so what is this ?

and i m using NVIDIA Ge-Force 5600 (Graphic Card -512 MB)
or can u tell me abt. PSU what is this ?

thnx for ur support
 10/05/2009 08:46 AM

Author Icon
MrLogin

your problem 2 cd & dvd drives can get dry connections inside where the connectors connect to the card in the player causing problems with eratic performance and inconsistant performance I am not saying this is your problem but it could be.
 10/05/2009 04:14 PM

Author Icon
Heffy
Case Modder

If I understand correctly, you're getting this error message when trying to install XP x64 from within XP 32 bit? If that's the case, what you're doing is precisely the reason you're getting this - you can't install a 64 bit OS from within a 32 bit one. I think it usually pops-up a message box telling you you can't install this way, or something - can't remember. But, basically it's the same.

To install XP x64, you have to boot from the CD and do a clean install. Meaning - not upgrading or installing over a previous installation.
 10/06/2009 01:04 AM

Author Icon
Abdulrehman

Hello,
Yes Heffy you r right, I can't install a 64 bit OS from within a 32 bit one.

as u say :
To install XP x64, you have to boot from the CD and do a clean install.
so how can i do this, coz it is also not booting when Pc get restart. so what can i do.
thanx for ur support.

one more thing i want to share with u That, i have 2 win XP 64 bit OS CD's and both's are different CD's, i mean when i download 1st time win XP 64 bit, i get this message. so i downloaded the other win XP 64 bit also from the other website. and again i get this message to. so tell me what is this. i think u can solve my problem

Thanks for ur support,
 10/06/2009 11:33 AM

Author Icon
Heffy
Case Modder

For it to boot, you need to set the CD/DVD device as primary device in the boot sequence list (in BIOS). The CD needs to be bootable, as well, which is not always the case with MSDN downloadable versions (because either the image is messed-up, or the software used to burn it to a CD did it wrong).
If the CD isn't bootable, you can remedy to that with nlite. Copy the CD's content to your HDD, then use nlite to create a bootable ISO (just that, no need to experiment with the other options). Once the image is ready, burn it to a CD at the lowest available speed.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information