Increase font size
Topic Title: FX8150 heat
Topic Summary: > 61° when 100% CPU used
Created On: 09/21/2012 02:10 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/21/2012 02:10 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
DavidRaclet
Lurker

Hello,

My FX8150 at idle is around 38°. When I launch programs which use 100% of the CPU, the temperature rises more than 61° (the official specificiation AMD max temp for this cpu). I've bought a cooler enermax ETS-T40 and it's almost the same, temperature is also over 61° (Enermax confirmed to me that this cooler support this cpu). Temperature decreases immediately if the program is stopped.

Ok, I have no case cooler, but my box is full opened during my tests, temperature of the room is 22°. Motherboard asrock pro 3 is at temperature 33°. The air cooler is at maximum speed (2000 RPM). The cooler of the graphic card is at the opposite side of the processor. It's not the first time I changed coolers in my computers.

I monitor temperature with official tools from asrock and/or other free tools. CPU is NOT overclocked (I disabled all functionnalities to have only 3600MHz), so Vcore and other parameters are default.

Does someone has same kind of problems ? As my box is opened, I doubt it's a problem of air flow as all measures are fine except when the CPU is at 100%.

Thank you for your help.

Asrock Pro3, FX8150, 8Go RAM, 2 HDD, graphic card Nvidia, ATX box, Windows 7 64bits

09/26/2012 02:27 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
go_for
Alpha Geek

Hi,
you did not mention which exact mode Pro3 you have but if it is the 970 Pro3, might try update BIOS to v1.50, mentions something about thermal throttling.

If you have room to select direction of cooler try this :

http://hardwareoverclock.com/k...-T40_VegasDuo-031.jpg

In the other way, like below, it is less efficient, as it will draw a bit warmer from the GPU card space :

http://zigsow.jp/img.php?filen...34.jpg&w=480&h=480&a=a

-------------------------
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information