AMD Processors
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: High Pitched Sound - Problem Solved !
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/02/2005 03:33 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/02/2005 03:33 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
mopek

Hi Everyone,

I posted here last March because I had a high-pitched sound coming from my new

AMD Sempron 2600 Computer (VA-20)

I remember that there were others with the same problem and we were all trying to figure it out but nobody could. Some said it was the toroids, others the chip and others said it was the power supply.

When I took the system back to the store (when I first bought it) , it stopped making the sound so i brought it back home. After 30 minutes of 'warm-up' , it was making the noise again!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was sick of walking back and forth to the store with my computer in hand and so decided to put up with it.

Yesterday I finally got tired and took it back and told them to FIX IT!!! I also told them to turn it on for 1 hour before looking at it. They saw how upset I was ( I was also there 1 month ago when my computer crashed, turned out to be a defective chip which was replaced) and immediately called thier technicians. He told them that my problem of a constant high pitched sound which changes in pitch whenever there is any scrolling or new programs opening is most probably a motherboard problem and that he has seen it before.

In 24 hours they replaced my motherboard and now it is silent .... /smile.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='smile.gif' />

I hope this can help other with a similar problem. BTW, the noise sounds like the ringing in your ears after a rock concert.

mopek /smile.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='smile.gif' />
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information