Increase font size
Topic Title: 4400+ dual core install problems
Topic Summary:
Created On: 07/08/2005 06:19 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/08/2005 06:19 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
gsn

trying to startup a 4400+ dual core on a chainthech vnf4 ultra. i do not have an older 64 to help update the bios. i do have the new bios and bios flash utility exe on a bootable cd, but no luck. the power supply is 480 20 pin + 4 pin and all fans and devices are working except the monitor. i am using an older ATI rage pci video card. i wonder if i need to use a pci express video card? the monitor flashes when i power on, but no text. for this project i do not need great graphics. i contacted chaintech, but just got an autoresponse. with the cpu out the power led is solid green. with the cpu installed the power led flashes, which seems to indicate the motherboard/bios does not like the cpu. any ideas?

thanks,
gsn
 07/10/2005 09:39 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
gsn

turns out i need a pcie video card instead of the pci i was planning to use. works fine now thanks to support help.

QUOTE(gsn @ Jul 8 2005, 03:19 PM)trying to startup a 4400+ dual core on a chainthech vnf4 ultra.  i do not have an older 64 to help update the bios.  i do have the new bios and bios flash utility exe on a bootable cd, but no luck.  the power supply is 480 20 pin + 4 pin and all fans and devices are working except the monitor.  i am using an older ATI rage pci video card.  i wonder if i need to use a pci express video card?  the monitor flashes when i power on, but no text.  for this project i do not need great graphics.  i contacted chaintech, but just got an autoresponse.  with the cpu out the power led is solid green.  with the cpu installed the power led flashes, which seems to indicate the motherboard/bios does not like the cpu.  any ideas?

thanks,
gsn
[right][snapback]454935[/snapback][/right]

Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information