AMD Processors
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: MSI K8T800 Neo mobo and 2x1gb dual channel ram?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/16/2005 09:05 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/16/2005 09:05 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
UHO

Hi!

I have a MSI K8T800 Neo socket 754 mobo and AMD64 3200+ CPU- just brought a two sticks of OCZ 2x1gb DDR400 perfomance memory, but I cant cet it to run in dual channel mode.

I have read the forums and searched the web and got some crossing info about that- the socket 754 has some problems to run dual channel memory, but the controller is on the CPU not in mobo... so im confused.

Is there a possibiliti to run my new pair of memoryes in dual channel mode.

What shoult I to and where to start fixing that problem?
Any help is welcome- because I spent a lot of money for thoes OCZ sticks /unsure.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='unsure.gif' /> and really hopeing to get them work like they should.

tnx 4 advance
 11/16/2005 10:11 AM

Author Icon
ljf

socket 754 doesn't run in dual channel mode, you need a socket 939 for that.

In case you are confusing dual channel with running two sticks of memory, yes, sometimes boards/processors have a hard time running at full speed as more dimms are added so you may have to lower the speed to 333, loosen timings, and/or increase voltage to the ram. You might want to think of it the same way as speed variances the farther you are out on a dsl line.
 11/16/2005 10:27 AM

Author Icon
UHO

QUOTE(ljf @ Nov 16 2005, 06:11 PM)socket 754 doesn't run in dual channel mode, you need a socket 939 for that.

In case you are confusing dual channel with running two sticks of memory, yes, sometimes boards/processors have a hard time running at full speed as more dimms are added so you may have to lower the speed to 333,  loosen timings, and/or increase voltage to the ram.  You might want to think of it the same way as speed variances the farther you are out on a dsl line.
[right][snapback]547449[/snapback][/right]

TNX.
all i can to now is to go for PCI-E i think /sad.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='sad.gif' /> , uh what a waste of time and money
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information