Increase font size
Topic Title: kv2 motherboard and no post
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/30/2005 02:51 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/30/2005 02:51 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
steve101

hi to anyone on this forum who has this setup

kv2 motherboard, ez cool 550 watt psu, ddr 400 mhz memory 1gb on two sticks and a gforce fx 5500 256 video card and athlon 64 3000 processor.

I need your advice on why my computer wont post,i get a single repeating bleep and no video and when I switch the computer off and move one stick of memory from slot two to slot three there are no bleeps but still no video .

I think the motherboard is acting up but all the lights and fans on the board say not please tell me how you solved the no post problem on your computers any advice would be welcome thank you.

09/30/2005 03:00 PM

Author Icon
leexgx
Case Modder

beeeep gap beeeep gap beeeep (and so on) is No memory found or mem error

reseat the cpu make sure you lifted the arm up before puting the cpu in then locking it before puting the heat sink on

and is it 939 or 754

-------------------------
Gameing > AMD64 5000+ X2 Black (OC 3.2ghz - 1.375v) > TK Big Typoon > Asus M2N32-SLI delux > 2.2gb 4gb Gell ram > NVIDIA 8800 GTX > X-FI

Server > phenom 9500 (OC 2.475ghz 1.3v)> 4gb ram > Asus M3A32-MVP> lots of disk space
 10/13/2005 09:41 PM

Author Icon
varianiv

When you reseat the CPU you may want to double-check to be sure that you did not bend or break any of the pins on the CPU the first time it was inserted. Also, you may want to try reseating the memory as well. If that does not work, try using only one stick of RAM, swapping if one does not work. It would be highly unlikely that you get two bad sticks, though it happened to me twice in a row buying some old SDRAM for a client's computer from Newegg... Jerks even have the nerve to make you pay a 15% restocking fee on top of return shipping. Ironically, I still shop there. I think I'll be getting my memory elsewhere in the future.

If you bent one you can probably bend it back into place by *very carefully* using a small, non-magnetic screwdriver or the edge of a hobby knife. If you managed to break one off, try to pull the lost pin out of the plastic CPU mount on the motherboard (if you can reach it). Additionally, I am not exactly sure how to do it but I have seen numerous posts claiming that you can actually remove the pin that is paired with the broken one and still be able to use the CPU without any noticeable problems.

Obviously you would not want to try this for more than one or two broken pins.

Hope all this helps.

-------------------------
AMD Opteron 165 CCBBE (2.7GHz @ 1.35v)
DFI CFX3200-DR (07/28)
Kingston HyperX DDR500 (3-3-3-8-1T)
Asus Dark Knight Radeon 4870 1GB
Audigy 2
2x 74GB Western Digital Raptors in RAID0
500GB SATA-300 WD Drive
CoolerMaster RealPowerPro 850W
NZXT Zero full-tower case
Windows XP Pro SP2
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information