Increase font size
Topic Title: installation problems
Topic Summary:
Created On: 02/06/2005 03:28 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/06/2005 03:28 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
fishjason8

ok dad has decided to upgrade I went with him to purchase the following

AMD ATHLOn 64 3000+ processor
ECS KV2 extreme 1.0 motherboard
2 pc3200 ddr 512 mb sticks

the idea was to fit it all into the tower insert his C drive and format it to remove the win 2000 pro he was using and to install win xp pro fresh on the drive

i began with the win 98 start up disk fdisk and format c all completed for my own peace of mind ran scandisk to check the disk including surface and bad sector scan all clear

thus I begun to install win xp from cd all went well till i got to the press enter to install win xp pro i hit enter the screen changes to please wait and freezes there I tried this a few times to no resolve

i took the c drive out of that comp put it into My home comp and did the install with no problem now I have re installed dads old board and processor and completely installed win xp using his devices to make sure none of those are at fault

any suggestions why this new system wont install xp or in fact any version of windows operating system

thanks
Jason

-------------------------
My Family use me for Tech Support am I stupoid not to charge them for this????
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information