Increase font size
Topic Title: Asus A7N8X-VM/400 and AMD Athlon 2600+ XP
Topic Summary:
Created On: 02/14/2005 12:02 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/14/2005 12:02 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
sudhi

Hi All,

I am in dire situation now. I have purchased an AMD Athlon 2600+ XP processor and a Asus A7N8X-VM400 motherboard. The first time you install the system boots and when installing operating system it ends up with a stop error and after restarting the system the system shows up a Bad BIOS Checksum error and the BIOS recovery tries to initiate itself. I have changed the RAM but with no luck. Is the Athlon 2600 + XP processor compatible with the A7N8X - VM400 motheboard. If not can anyone suggest a compatible motherboard. I need a NVidia chipset in that motherboard.

Thanks in advance,
Sudhi
 02/14/2005 12:28 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
zir_blazer
Code Warrior

That Motherboard got an nForce 2 IGP Chipset (It includes an Integrated GeForce 4 MX), and should be compatible with all the Socket A Processors line (It supports 400 MHz Bus). The "Bad BIOS Checksum" error can be caused by a low battery issue, but by the way, have you tried already clearing the BIOS using Jumpers then reconfigure it manually?
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information