Increase font size
Topic Title: Cool N Quiet stopped working
Topic Summary:
Created On: 01/18/2005 06:39 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/18/2005 06:39 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
EricHurl

I have a Athlon64 3500+ with an msi neo2 platium with the nforce3 ultra chipset.
I had ben using the the cool n quiet from the time that I built the computer. The CoreCenter from MSI and the DashBoard from AMD showed that it was working. I in stalled the WinXP64 on another partion. I did some bench marks on the 64 bit windows and I did about a 5% overclock when I did them. I then turned the oc back to the 1% that I had been using from the time I built the computer and then started the 32bit version when I looked at the CoreCenter and DashBoard they were at full speed and never stepped back. I have uninstalled the AMD processor driver and reinstalled it many time. I have turned the CNQ on and off in the bios many times.
My CPU tems were in the 20's C. when I had it on and when it is off they are in the mid 30's not under any load. When it is 100% load it gets to about 45C max.
Can anyone here help me get this to work again.

Thanks,
Eric
 01/18/2005 06:53 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
EricHurl

Well Sorry for taking up a space, but I had to ask the question and then minutes after posting. I found the answer. I had to change the Power Options to something other than Always On (or Home/Office Desk). I put it on the "Always On" after my system was hanging when it when into standby. I did this before I installed the 64 bit windows.
I hope this helps someone that has my same problem.

Thanks
Eric
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information