Increase font size
Topic Title: Yet another 3400 AMD 64 tiger special problem
Topic Summary:
Created On: 02/26/2005 02:04 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/26/2005 02:04 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
dseltz

I'm getting the "System Failed CPU test" message. I've never been able to get into the BIOS on this system.

My system consistes of:

Asus A8V Delux Motherboard
AMD 3400 CPU
two Kingston KVR400/512R PC3200 Memory sticks (in slots 1 and 3)
Antec True 380 S PS
GeForce FX5700LE (256MB) Graphics card

I've tried:
- Upgrading the bios - I assume then sent me the latest version but the actual chip does not say.
- Using only one memory stick
- Removing the ide devices.
- Clearing CMOS

Before I call ASUS to try to RMA the board I wanted to see if anyone had any other ideas?

02/26/2005 03:15 PM

Author Icon
ljf

I've never had luck with kingston memory...especially their value ram. So I would try one stick of something else in slot 3. Make sure the 12V 4 pin connector is plugged in on mobo. You also may have had an esd or other problem and hurt your mobo when you put in a new bios or even put the chip in backwards... surprised at that since you never mentioned trying to flash. I disagree with bios updates helping when you can't get easyflash to work since usually its psu or ram related it might help but I have my doubts since even 1.007 (not sure about before) allowed one to enter bios and change ht speed. It may also be a short so you should try to build it outside the case. Also when you clear the cmos try to remove the battery as well as move the jumper.
 03/04/2005 08:38 AM

Author Icon
dseltz

ljf, You solved my problem. I've put together systems before but have not run into the additional 12V 4pin connector. That did the trick. Thanks!!!
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information