Increase font size
Topic Title: Booting problems
Topic Summary:
Created On: 04/10/2006 06:22 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/10/2006 06:22 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
chirag_kohli

I am facing some problems from my P.C. ..... I have an Athlon-64 processor 2800+ .
When I switch ON my P.C. , it fails to boot and shows a message:

checking NVRAM....

Chassis intruded....
System Halted ...

and the system halts then and there . It has been a problem for sometime but was not so frequent . Earlier it used to occur sometimes but now everytime I switch the power ON - it is there , pressing the reset button and restarting the system used to make it disappear that time . The situation on-the-ground is that now I have to restart it many times to log-in . The BIOS settings are also not accessible as this obstructs in between .

If u have any idea whats going on then plz let me know along with the solution............

Chirag
 04/10/2006 06:29 AM

Author Icon
Andy-M

Post your motherboard model number so we can confirm this but it sounds like your motherboard has a jumper for "Chasis Intrusion".
This means that if the case is open, you get a message telling you that the PC case is open & that you can't boot.

Somewhere on your motherboard there is either a jumper to short that cirtcuit out, or therre is a lead to a switch on your case which is pressed when the side panel is in position.

-------------------------

HAPPY PHENOM USER ! ! !!!
 04/10/2006 09:30 AM

Author Icon
Overmind
Assimilator

Enter BIOS and disable "Reset on open Case" (option might have similar name, depending on your MB).

-------------------------

World's best Red Alert 2: Yuri's Revenge mod and Star Trek: Starfleet Command 3 mod: Overmind.ro
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information