AMD Processors
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: K8T NEO-FIS2R Problem..............!
Topic Summary:
Created On: 10/20/2003 05:51 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/20/2003 05:51 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
lixid

MY PROBLEM!' ">http://www.amdforums.com/showt...php?s=&threadid=265415

please click on the link above to view my problem. i would love to hear any suggestions possible. and as soon as you can would be great. this is for a client and i cannot seem to comprehend the source of the problem and i dont want to rma something and have it turn out to be something else. Thanx in advance and i appreciate it .. :]
 10/20/2003 07:15 AM

Author Icon
infiltrator
Linux Ninja

That's a strange problem, I must say, I've had no probs with mine at all (was expecting at least some minor probs with the Athlon 64 being so new). Sounds like Windows XP don't like something in your hardware setup. Are you using your BIOS D-Bracket (PCI slot with 2 x 2 LED's on it?). I suppose if it boots up, the BIOS does get to finishe the initial POST test. I would probably reseat everything. Also, is it giving a BSOD, or just freezing?

-------------------------
The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.
 10/20/2003 02:37 PM

Author Icon
lixid

BSOD? well the thing is i cant even get it to turn on is the thing. it was working for a bit and then it just wont work now.. in the begining i could get it to boot up and get into the xp setup and then it would just say that it couldnt copy a file. then i would hit enter or whatever it is to retry and then it would blue screen on me. i have tried clearing the bios by taking out the battery and also putting the jumper settings to the clear bios pins and back again and nothing. i mean when i turn it on it starts the cpu fan and then case fan just fine for about a second and then it doesnt turn on. i even tried taking off the case fan to see if it would still just boot. and nothing so i wouldnt think its the power supply unless the 12v plug just cant handle this cpu .. which it could be but it might be just the ram getting in the way and not letting it boot. but i cant even get it turned on enough to update the bios which sux .. so all in all what do you think it is . ? running out of time. : [ i have takin everything out and put everything back in peice by peice and still nothing also have tried to boot it on a anti static bag and still the same results. with a different video card and older ram like pc2100 which i think would still work but not with any newer ram cause i cant afford to pay for something that might not work anyways. heeeeelp!@ lol .. thanx for the replies .. anything else is greatly greatly appreciated .. also im not sure what you mean by bios d bracket .. i have a cpu mounting bracket that i mounted to the back side of the motherboard to mount the cpu yes .. i dont like the way they have the new mounting either .. makes me wonder if its that. also it doesnt freeze it just wont turn on .. i mean it gets power for a second and then it just stops .. : [
 10/20/2003 04:14 PM

Author Icon
infiltrator
Linux Ninja

What PSU have you got? Hopefully the wattage is high enough. You got a strage problem here. I would also got through the connectors (ie: ALL connections, be it IDE - or jumper settings, and also all connectors! Could be something is shorting.

Sorry - just mentioning what I would do - can't suggest more than this I'm afraid.

-------------------------
The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.
 10/20/2003 05:29 PM

Author Icon
lixid

well the thing is .. ive ran it outside the case with 3 different power supplies .. one being a 430 watt which should be fine and dandy .. but nope .. and it cant be grounding either .. so i think im just gonna go ahead and send the mobo back .. i really think its either that or the ram .. but i just hate to get back the new one and all of a sudden its still doing the same thing .. god that would sux .. thanx for all the help im sooo grateful .. :] thanx ..
 10/20/2003 05:30 PM

Author Icon
lixid

also tried some pc 2700 kingston hyperx ram also ... and still same thing .. very frusterating .. i dont think i will go with msi motherboards anymore .. cause this sux .. : [ asus has always been great for me .. a bit more pricey but better and dependable .. thanx again ..
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information