Increase font size
Topic Title: Dual Core Optimizer and Daemon Tools
Topic Summary:
Created On: 10/25/2006 12:29 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/25/2006 12:29 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Mif

Just a quick note for everyone out there.

I think I have determined that Daemon Tools 4.03HE X86 and the Dual core optimizer have a compatability issue when installed at the same time. It may cause your computer to randomly restart on boot up as soon as it attempts to boot Daemon Tools from startup.

The fix I have found for this is to upgrade to the newest Daemon Tools 4.06HE x86 version from their site.

http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtc...ad.p...ory&catid=5

The new version has a number of bug fixes, as well as finally support for Windows Vista, which works great. It also has a new version of SPTD1.29.

If there is an admin, they may want to validate this, but I am pretty sure it is a known issues on some system configurations.

Thanks!
Chris
 10/25/2006 06:45 AM

Author Icon
EdG

quote:

Originally posted by: Mif
Just a quick note for everyone out there.

I think I have determined that Daemon Tools 4.03HE X86 and the Dual core optimizer have a compatability issue when installed at the same time. It may cause your computer to randomly restart on boot up as soon as it attempts to boot Daemon Tools from startup.

The fix I have found for this is to upgrade to the newest Daemon Tools 4.06HE x86 version from their site.

http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtc...ad.p...ory&catid=5
The new version has a number of bug fixes, as well as finally support for Windows Vista, which works great. It also has a new version of SPTD1.29.

If there is an admin, they may want to validate this, but I am pretty sure it is a known issues on some system configurations.

Thanks!
Chris

Thanks, was wondering if there was any virtual drives for Vista, buddy really needs one, he puts all the kiddies CD/DVDs on the HDD so they don't mess with them.

Don't expect any official AMD support here, this is just a public forum, so it's like talking to a wall most of the time.

10/25/2006 08:57 AM

Author Icon
warbulator

/dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="<_<" border="0" alt="dry.gif" /> i use alcohol 120% (its software, honest, no hooch! works pretty much the same as daemon tools, might well be a viable alternative
quote:

Originally posted by: EdG
Thanks, was wondering if there was any virtual drives for Vista, buddy really needs one, he puts all the kiddies CD/DVDs on the HDD so they don't mess with them.

Don't expect any official AMD support here, this is just a public forum, so it's like talking to a wall most of the time.

-------------------------
AMD 64 X2 3800+ @ 240,2GB GEIL 4X 512MB PC3200 @ 200, ASROCK 939 DUAL SATAII MOBO, 2 X SAMSUNG 160GB SATA STRIPED RAID , MSIi 7900GTO 650/1320..
 10/25/2006 10:51 AM

Author Icon
sgie87
Case Modder

quote:

Originally posted by: Unknown Don't expect any official AMD support here, this is just a public forum, so it's like talking to a wall most of the time. happy.gif

This is not a public forum,but the last part is right.
There are no AMD people payed to answers posts in this forum,it is a user help user forum,but AMD rules apply to the posts.

-------------------------
*IRC chatroom #freedom on irc.globalgamers.net server is a great place to hang out online.PM me for more info.*
 10/25/2006 11:38 AM

Author Icon
Mif

Well, at the very least, the info is here for others. Hopefully the good old search button will do someone well.
 10/25/2006 01:53 PM

Author Icon
EdG

quote:

Originally posted by: warbulator
/dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="<_<" border="0" alt="dry.gif" /> i use alcohol 120% (its software, honest, no hooch! works pretty much the same as daemon tools, might well be a viable alternative

120 works in Vista?
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information