Increase font size
Topic Title: No Post - Mobile 3400+ in Desktop
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03/12/2006 07:02 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/12/2006 07:02 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
pracom

I have a new build using an mobile Athlon 64 3400+ (Clawhammer) w/ 512 MB PC3200 in an AOpen MK-89L mob (nForce3) w/ 450W PSU which will not post for which I would appreciate any troubleshooting ideas. Unfortunately, I don't have any other socket 754 motherboards or processors to swap out to help with the process.

There is power to the board, but no beeps - nothing. I have ensured good contact between the hsf and the processor and have disconnected everything except the GeForce MX440SE 64 MB video card. If I pull the memory then I get the no memory beeps, but no sound if I pull the processor. I have pulled the CMOS battery and used the reset jumper without sucess. I have also tried it with an nVidia 5200FX 8x video card. I suspect there could be an issue with the voltage setting in the BIOS, but since I can't seem to get to that point I have no way of changing it.

Any assistance in determining whether this is a motherboard-CPU compatibility issue, defect in one of the two, or simply the BIOS would be greatly appreciated!
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information