Topic Title: CPU Restart Problem Repost
Topic Summary:
Created On: 02/17/2006 09:39 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 7 8 9 10 Previous Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/03/2006 08:22 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Peterdewitt

quote:

Originally posted by: Goparaju
Hi De Witt,

How do we 'direct' @BIOS to the extracted folder/file on the desktop since there is no 'Browse' option during that process?

I am really lost. Will be grateful if you provide me the info. step-by-step. That will help a lot.

BTW, my RAM is 333 Mhz DDR. Can I use that the mobo and processor, details of which I have already given in my earlier posts?

TIA,
Goparaju.

Will post detailed instructions later.. today. Gotta double check what I'm saying.
 05/07/2006 04:12 PM

Author Icon
MAYBERA

hi to everyone

i m considering to buy that GIGABYTE K8NGMF-9 board . you saying F6 bıos fixed all of roblems .

i m good overclocker and i always overclock my cpu from BIOS not with windows programs.

can you make overclock from BIOS ?. than which fsb can run stable with that mobo . what is the overclock limit for that mobo

my englisch isnt well . but i think u can understood me:=)

i m waiting pls.
 05/13/2006 01:33 AM

Author Icon
Sengfeng

quote:

Originally posted by: MAYBERA
hi to everyone
i m considering to buy that GIGABYTE K8NGMF-9 board . you saying F6 bıos fixed all of roblems .

i m good overclocker and i always overclock my cpu from BIOS not with windows programs.

can you make overclock from BIOS ?. than which fsb can run stable with that mobo . what is the overclock limit for that mobo

my englisch isnt well . but i think u can understood me:=)

i m waiting pls.

It appears that F6 pretty much killed this thread off The BIOS options weren't the type to allow the best overclocking, as there was no voltage options at all.
 05/13/2006 03:54 AM

Author Icon
dcasd

F7 bios is out!!! (BIOS can disable onboard graphic when Nvidia 7950 GX2 is installed and CMOS Setup item "Onboard GPU" is [Enable If No Ext PEG].http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Sup...el.aspx?ProductID=1939
 05/13/2006 04:10 AM

Author Icon
LiquidSnake

quote:

Originally posted by: dcasd
F7 bios is out!!! (BIOS can disable onboard graphic when Nvidia 7950 GX2 is installed and CMOS Setup item "Onboard GPU" is [Enable If No Ext PEG].http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Sup...el.aspx?ProductID=1939

I have no more problems after i updated to F6. so what does this F7 do now?

-------------------------
AMD Athlon 64 3500+
Patriot 512mb ram
MSI Geforce 6600Le graphics card
Creative XFI soundcard
Gigabyte I-DNA GA-K8N51GMF-9 Motherboard
80Gb Hitachi Sata Hard disk (boot)
80GB Maxtor IDE Hard disk (system)
I-Cute Tower CPU box
WinXP Home edition SP2 2002 version (think not 64bit ver)
Bios Award Software International Inc F2 06/10/2005
Antec TruePower 2 PSU
DVD Rom
Floppy Disk Drive
 05/13/2006 05:45 AM

Author Icon
goparajus

quote:

Originally posted by: De Witt
Will post detailed instructions later.. today. Gotta double check what I'm saying.

Hi De Witt,

Forgot what you promised? Let me know how to download F6 (F7) now to the desktop and upgrade my BIOS.

TIA
Goparaju
 05/15/2006 06:48 PM

Author Icon
docdon

I am having the identical probem the with the Gigabyte K8N51PVMT-9 mobo (also with the onboard video - 6150 chipset) that the others are having - with the same BSOD error, etc. I also get an additional problem (Problem #2) on some PVMT-9 mobos (see below).

I bought five of these (four for a client and one as a backup). Three of the five could have a successful WinXP Pro build and then have the BSODs randomly (just like everyone else is complaining about, same error numbers, too, regardless of whether I used the onboard video or an ATi X1600 Pro. Interestingly, I tried using the Windows VGA default driver and that helped, being particularly helpful with the onboard video (reduced BSODs to 1 per 24 hours but happens during games or just at idle). I also use BurnIn Test and would usually have a BSOD within 24 hours, regardless of the video card (onboard or ATi X1600 Pro) or driver. These mobos all started out with the F1 BIOS which I then updated to the F2 BIOS, no change. An F3 BIOS just showed up over the weekend on the site but I have been dealing with Problem #2, below.

Problem #2
With two of the five mobos (BIOS F1, then F2), you can successfully build a brand new WinXP Pro system but it won't fully boot - goes thru the standard WinXP startup with the moving indicator (about 7 passes), BSODs (flash on the screen), and reboots, then goes thru the standard WinXP startup with the moving indicator again (about 7 passes), then BSODs again, forever. Interestingly, if you go into SAFE mode, this does not happen - boots fine and comes up OK in WinXP SAFE mode. I just rec'd a brand new (sixth) PVMT-9 mobo with the F3 BIOS and it acts identically - crashes at the same location during the WinXP startup and reboots, again and again. I moved the CPU, RAM and hard drive from one of the "working" mobos above and no change -crash during WinXP startup, reboot, crash, reboot, ...

HALF (3 of 6) the MOBOs IMMEDIATELY DEFECTIVE IS NOT A GOOD SIGN!

/wacko.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" /> Any feedback?
 05/24/2006 04:14 PM

Author Icon
Zenon
Lurker

To me, Gigabyte stinks. I had been waiting for three weeks (14 working days) for my broken mobo to be repaired/replaced under the guarantee and they didn't bother to do anything. So I got the shop to give me a refund and bought the Asrock Dual Sata2 board, which is running flawlessly. No more Gigashit.
 08/06/2006 09:54 AM

Author Icon
wheeljoust

Just to share my experience with those going through this thread looking for a solution.

I still had difficulties after flashing to F6 but a subsequent flash to F7 resolved all of that

11/12/2006 07:13 PM

Author Icon
vitormacedo

Hi guys,

I´ve read this post (and others) a lot to try to figure it out what is going on with this motherboard.
Diferent from you I use the on board video, and a wireless card, and nothing more bt computer restarts the same way.
I´ve solved the problem by simply removing the wireless card from the PCI slot.
The computer now is running ok for days.
I don´t know if it is the power supply that is now strong enough or if the driver of the wireless card isn´t compatibly with windows, or even if the design of this board is faulty (the designers didn´t test
the board with other devices !!.
The sugestion I have just for testing is for you to try the on board video and see if starts to run ok, if it does, then you can try from one point that is known to be ok.
 01/02/2007 06:29 AM

Author Icon
Joanna Newsom

quote:

Originally posted by: wheeljoust
Just to share my experience with those going through this thread looking for a solution.

I still had difficulties after flashing to F6 but a subsequent flash to F7 resolved all of that

Hello everyone,
I figured it might be helpful for someone to know about my experience, since I had very similar problems with system crashes on my computer, having GA-K8N51GMF-9 mobo as well.

1. History:
1.1. Acquired/assembled brand new computer (please see detailed spec in signature) in January 2006, targeted for use in multitasking, for simultaneous work in graphical (2d, web) and video capturing/editing/rendering applications. No gaming intended.
1.2. In practice experienced the most acceptable performance.
1.3. Subsequently, in short time I have installed Pinnacle PCTV 110i TV/Tuner/Capture card on my system.
1.4. Experiencing system crashes on a regular basis ever since. These crashes occured almost as a rule during the playing of TV signal via Pinnacle Media Center software. Time of duration of TV playback before crashing varies from 10 min up to 60 min or more (although in only few occasions playback lasted continuously for 6 hours without any crash)
1.5. Experiencing system crashes during the rendering of large (30 - 60 min) avi files into mpeg-2 format using Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5. application. These crashes occured usually on the very last stage of rendering process (70% - 90% of the process).
1.5.1. Due to my bitternes in experiencing system crashes in the final phases of long-hour-lasting renderings, and pressed by deadlines for delivering the rendered files to the client, I decided to follow one of the solutions regarding this problem at google newsgroups and to uninstall Service Pack 2.
1.6. April 2006: Uninstall of SP2 not succesfull. Uninstall pauses on the last stage of the process. It has to be aborted manually (Ctrl+Alt+Del). Few uninstall attempts made, all had to be aborted in the last stage.
1.7. NOTE: After few aborted SP2 uninstall attempts I noticed a significant system slooow-down whenever there is DVD or CD spinning in my DVD-RW drive. (Not sure if these events are in connection, still searching for solution!
1.8. Due to some document loss in August 2006 I made a few System Restore 'back and forward' attempts to bring the documents back. Without success. Returned System Restore to the original point.
1.9. Yesterday discovered this AMD support thread. Updated BIOS to F7 via @BIOS application. Loaded Optimize Defaults in BIOS Setup after update. So far so good, Pinnacle Media Center TV playback runs nice and smooth without crashes, system seems stable. I'll keep you posted if new crashes occur. Hope not!

2. System crashes occured in following situations: (prior to BIOS update)
2.1. During the playing of TV signal via Pinnacle Media Center software. Time of duration of TV playback before crashing varies from 10 min up to 60 min or more.
2.2. During the rendering of large (30 - 60 min) avi files into mpeg-2 format using Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5. application. These crashes occured usually on the very last stage of rendering process (70% - 90% of the process).
2.3. During the burning of Image on DVD via Nero Start Smart (version 7.0.0.0.). System slows significally during the burning process (or any other DVD-RW activity), freezes, crashes. Especially when burning full-capacity data DVDs.
2.4. During viewing of the DivX video from a CD via Power DVD application. System freezes, crashes.
2.5. During a simple copy-paste of a 3,5 GB avi file from a DVD to Hard disk. Again, spinning DVD slows down system, eventually freezes it and then crashes.
2.6. During simultaneous playback and ripping of music from same CD via WMP10.
2.7. During the process of copying DVD via Nero Start Smart, on a 'Maximum' speed.
2.8. During the downloading processes in DC++, simultaneously playing music from Hard disk via WMP10.
2.9. During working with multiple graphic applications (Indesign, Photoshop...)
2.10. During Real Player music playback and simultaneously attempting to see 'Thumbnail view' of photographs on a running DVD.

3. Error data / messages:
Please note: In all of the above situations the error messages were basically identical in each case ("System recovered from serious error..." or "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000022). Click OK...") as well as the error data which are exactly the same and differ only in 'number sequence' of the 'Mini...-.dmp' file. Here are two examples:
----
Crash on July 17th 2006:
Error signature:
BCCode : 9c BCP1 : 00000004 BCP2 : 80545FF0 BCP3 : B2000000
BCP4 : 00070F0F OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1
Files:
C:\DOCUME~1\xxxxxx\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER86d6.dir00\Mini071706-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\xxxxxx\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER86d6.dir00\sysdata.xml
----
Crash on January 1st 2007:
Error Signature:
BCCode : 9c BCP1 : 00000004 BCP2 : 80545FF0 BCP3 : B2000000
BCP4 : 00070F0F OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1
Files:
C:\DOCUME~1\xxxxxx\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER864c.dir00\Mini010107-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\xxxxxx\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER864c.dir00\sysdata.xml
----

4. Problems yet to be veryfied after my BIOS is updated:
4.1. Stability of Premiere Pro 1.5. during rendering
4.2. System slows down during DVD-RW drive activity
4.3. Stability of Pinnacle PCTV 110i TV playback

That sums it up. I hope that updating the BIOS from F2 to F7 will help stabilizing my computer, big thanks to everyone on this thread for persistence in searching for solution and for not going the easy way and throwing ur mobo in junk . To people from Gigabyte - Thank you a lot. Good job!!
With best regards,
Gordan

-------------------------
AMD Athlon 64, 2000 MHz (10 x 200) 3200+
2,00 GB of RAM
Gigabyte GA-K8N51GMF-9(-RH) (2 PCI, 1 PCI-E x1, 1 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR DIMM, Audio, Video, Gigabit LAN, IEEE-1394); nVIDIA GeForce 6100, AMD Hammer
nVIDIA GeForce 6600 PCI-E; WinFast PX6600 TD (256 MB)
Realtek ALC880(D) @ nVIDIA nForce 430 (MCP51)
WDC WD2000JS-00MHB1 (186 GB, IDE)
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4167B (DVD+R9:8x, DVD-R9:4x, DVD+RW:16x/8x, DVD-RW:16x/6x, DVD-RAM:5x, DVD-ROM:16x, CD:48x/32x/48x DVD+RW/DVD-R
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information