Increase font size
Topic Title: Yet another Blue Screen pleezz help
Topic Summary:
Created On: 05/26/2006 06:15 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/26/2006 06:15 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
roho76

Hi this is my first post on this board I have been reading other posts to try and see if anybody else has had a simmilar problem. The message that I recieved on the BSOD is:

MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION 0X0000009C (0X00000004, 0X8054D5FF0, 0XF2000000, 0X00070F0F)

I have seen similar errors on this board and ASUS's board but none have had an exact match like this. Please I need help really bad.

My system is as follows:

XP Media Center Edition
Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe
AMD 64 X2 4200+
Corsair XMS TwinX 1024x2 (matched pair) 2gigs total
EVGA 6800 GS Graphics card
hauppauge PVR 500 tuner card
Linksys wireless desktop card (standard wrt54g I think?)
Zalman ZM460-APS power supply
HP dvd840

When I first built this machine it worked for about a week then BSOD (with above code) so I reinstallled XP-MCE and it worked again for another week then same BSOD so I reinstalled again then the same BSOD. When I get the BSOD it was under no certain situation (running 2 apps at the same time, gaming, or processor intensive labor) it was just normal everyday use about the most work it ever did was recording TV in MCE. It seems as though when I reload XP-MCE it works for a week then it crashes. So I have been trying to fix w/o reloading cause I don't think that is the problem.

When I reboot I see the asus screen then I get another screen then it flashes the same asus screen again only for a split second (which seems wierd) then it will start windows with the running status bar it will hesitate a couple of times then it will finally freeze for about 10 seconds then BSOD with same error. Some times I will get lucky and XP-MCE will load but 99% of the time it will not.

I have tried updating my bios to the latest (1205), I have tried disabling my APM and Parrallel ports as another forum suggested, I have ran memtest86+ for 15 hrs with out a glitch and then I reran it for another 7 hrs with no glitches so I don't think there is a problem with the memory. I downloaded the Ultimate boot CD but memtest86+ was the only thing on there that I new how to use.

I just tried updating the AMD driver and now everything is the same except when it goes to the windows screen instead of getting the BSOD it just freezes and stays there.

I am a newbie to computers and only know enough to get myself into trouble and don't know a lot of the lingo so please dumb it down a little please.

Thanks
 05/26/2006 07:04 PM

Author Icon
vsingh
Voodoo Programmer

http://forums.amd.com/lofiversion/index.php/t75713.html

^^^some of the suggestions there may help.
 05/27/2006 02:38 PM

Author Icon
sublime

try removing one stick of ram and boot up

-------------------------
MOBO ---- GIGABYTE GA-K8NSNXP - 939
CPU--- ATHLON64 3500+, STOCK HS, IDLE = 31 , LOAD = 45
<span
 05/29/2006 02:14 AM

Author Icon
roho76

I have now ran Prime 95 (if Marsienne Prime Test is Prime 95?) for over 48 hours with success. but I don't really understand what this program is testing but it was understood to me that it stresses the system so I did it but don't understand what it is telling me. I did see the word passed after every test so I guess that is good. Right....

Well I am going to try to install XP-MCE again and hope for the best if anybody has any suggestions for me I would appreciate any info. Thanks.

Oh. And Sublime I have been running with only 1 stick it would crash right away with two even though there matched. But any other suggestions would be appreciated thanks.
 06/01/2006 04:36 AM

Author Icon
megamic

Try disabling cool and quiet, I had similar problems and it turned out to be the problem. If you dont know how, go into BIOS and look for CnQ options to disable, uninstall any AMD driver you have installed, and make sure your power scheme is NOT set to "minimal".
cheers
 06/01/2006 06:19 AM

Author Icon
varianiv

quote:

Originally posted by: roho76
I have now ran Prime 95 (if Marsienne Prime Test is Prime 95?) for over 48 hours with success. but I don't really understand what this program is testing but it was understood to me that it stresses the system so I did it but don't understand what it is telling me. I did see the word passed after every test so I guess that is good. Right....

Well I am going to try to install XP-MCE again and hope for the best if anybody has any suggestions for me I would appreciate any info. Thanks.

Oh. And Sublime I have been running with only 1 stick it would crash right away with two even though there matched. But any other suggestions would be appreciated thanks.

Prime95 is putting as much stress on your CPU as possible by performing complex mathematical computations involving large prime numbers. It can be used to test your memory in accord with your CPU, but I think what we need to do is focus on the memory to see if that is the problem.

Try running memtest86 (see link in my sig) for at least four hours to see if you come up with any errors. If so, chances are your memory is bad and you need to RMA it. As far as the two sticks not being able to run together, make sure you are putting them into the correct slots. Socket 939 uses dual-channel memory, which means you must run your memory in matched sets, and in the correct slots, when using more than one module. One stick should be in channel A1 and one should be in channel B1. You can check your motherboard manual for the correct slot arrangement. Since we are going to be testing the memory using memtest86, though, I would suggest testing the sticks individually (still about four hours each) to see if you only need to replace one stick.

Hope all this helps.

-------------------------
AMD Opteron 165 CCBBE (2.7GHz @ 1.35v)
DFI CFX3200-DR (07/28)
Kingston HyperX DDR500 (3-3-3-8-1T)
Asus Dark Knight Radeon 4870 1GB
Audigy 2
2x 74GB Western Digital Raptors in RAID0
500GB SATA-300 WD Drive
CoolerMaster RealPowerPro 850W
NZXT Zero full-tower case
Windows XP Pro SP2
 06/01/2006 11:08 AM

Author Icon
roho76

quote:

Originally posted by: varianiv
Prime95 is putting as much stress on your CPU as possible by performing complex mathematical computations involving large prime numbers. It can be used to test your memory in accord with your CPU, but I think what we need to do is focus on the memory to see if that is the problem.

Try running memtest86 (see link in my sig) for at least four hours to see if you come up with any errors. If so, chances are your memory is bad and you need to RMA it. As far as the two sticks not being able to run together, make sure you are putting them into the correct slots. Socket 939 uses dual-channel memory, which means you must run your memory in matched sets, and in the correct slots, when using more than one module. One stick should be in channel A1 and one should be in channel B1. You can check your motherboard manual for the correct slot arrangement. Since we are going to be testing the memory using memtest86, though, I would suggest testing the sticks individually (still about four hours each) to see if you only need to replace one stick.

Hope all this helps.

Thank you for the suggestion varianiv I have ran memtest86+ on the one stick for over 36 hours with no problem. I planned on testing the other one too just for the heck of it. But I think I have already found my problem. I removed my tuner card the other day and booted windows with no problems then I tried rebooting several times after that and it worked every time then turn the PC off put the card back in and no boot it freezes at the windows start up then I turn it off and remove the card again and it works again. So now I am at a loss as to what is wrong. I know the card is not gell'n with something but what I don't know. Is it the motherboard? Is it windows? Is it the driver for the tuner or some other driver maybe the vid card? Now I have an HTPC with out the HT (at least the TV part of it).

I have read in this board about a lot of people having probs with this tuner but not a lot of replys with success stories. A buddy of mine has the same tuner card and I was going to see if we could test his in my system but till then ????????????

Thanks again. If you have any more suggestions I would apprieciate them.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information