AMD Processors
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: AMD Mobile Athlon 64 4000+ Photoshop problem?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03/21/2006 06:10 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/21/2006 06:10 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
djdpascoe

I am at my wit's end here and I hope someone can help! I have a brand new laptop running AMD mobile Athlon 64 4000+ and a gig or RAM. I have installed Creative Suite CS2 and everything runs fine except Photoshop!! It opens fine but when I click on any of the menu items (File, Edit, etc.) it tops the processor at 100% and shows two copies of Photoshop 'not responding' in the task manager (I am running Windows XP home). I have to end the process to shut the thing down!!

Can anyone help solve this problem? Has anyone else had this issue??
 03/21/2006 07:43 AM

Author Icon
JonJon
Code Monkey

have you updated photoshop?

have you e-mailed their tech support?

sounds to me like it's just conflicting with something else on your system, because i've never heard of this problem .

-------------------------
 03/21/2006 10:09 AM

Author Icon
warbulator

i to had mystry probs with photo editing and after loads and loads of experimenting/reinstalls it seems linked to nvidia drivers, certain ones (in my case always 81.85 caused the fault every time) unfortunately even uninstalling them and putting in different drivers didnt solve it, only a full format and starting with different nvidia drivers from the start, i changed to ulead phto suite and it aint afected by any drivers it seems, i hope this answers your prob, i guess its some conflict but i couldnt figure it. i have seen an nvidia driver clean out prog on 3dguru which may be worth a go but i was so sick by then i just stuck with the different photosuite. best of luck
quote:

Originally posted by: JonJon
have you updated photoshop?

have you e-mailed their tech support?

sounds to me like it's just conflicting with something else on your system, because i've never heard of this problem .

AMD 64 X2 3800+ @ 240,2GB GEIL 4X 512MB PC3200 @ 200, ASROCK 939 DUAL SATAII MOBO, 2 X SAMSUNG 160GB SATA STRIPED RAID , MSIi 7900GTO 650/1320..
 03/21/2006 08:04 PM

Author Icon
JonJon
Code Monkey

i don't mean to hijack, but could it be a similar situation for me?

When I go to run limewire, the language window pops up and it's blank, so i end the limewire process and a few seconds after my computer totally freezes and i have to restart.....

Could it be a similar problem?

Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information