Increase font size
Topic Title: Help:Athlon64 RMA runaround - no method of contact
Topic Summary:
Created On: 01/24/2006 04:17 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/24/2006 04:17 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
DragonWarden

My apologies for the off-topic post, but I have been stymied in all of my attempts to contact AMD about an RMA they approved, but which they need a new shipping address from me to complete...except they gave me no method of contacting them. If anyone has any advice or suggestion, please let me know - I will not deny that I have stared at this problem for so long, I might be running in circles and overlooking something blindingly obvious.

I have been locked out of my RMA-status account because I had a brain-fart and forgot my password one day, and tried too many password variants. Today, I am still locked out, which means it is not on a timer. Their "Forgot your password" link takes me to a blank page. Due to AMD's policy of providing no phone/e-mail support for US customers, I can only resort to the online process...which, as I had just explained, has locked me out. The helpful support person who e-mailed me saying that I need to give AMD another address to ship the replacement processor to did not bother saying how I should give AMD this address. My attempt to reply to her e-mail (yes, slim chance that it would have been accepted, but I have few recourses left) got bounced back by an automated system. Before the RMA account locked me out, I managed to input a note about a new address somewhere in the system, but I have no idea if that was the correct place to do so or if anyone has even noticed it. I have not received any status updates since the last e-mail from the support person asking for another shipping address, leading me to suspect that the issue is still unresolved.

HELP!! I just want to have my desktop up and running again! I have never purchased any processor for a barebones system other than AMD and never had a problem until now, but this RMA process is positively terrifying in the difficulties I've encountered throughout, of which this sad recounting is only the crowning point.
 01/24/2006 04:29 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
zeppelinrox

try contacting a North American Representative nearest to you
see this page http://www.amd.com/us-en/Proce...chni...710^779,00.html' ">http://www.amd.com/us-en/Proce...2_3559_710^779,00.html

they should be able to lead you in the right direction.

-------------------------

Overclocking Help and Links . Why DRM, BluRay and HD-DVD Blow Great tools-> OC Bible v1.52 and Guidemania v1.2
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information