Increase font size
Topic Title: AM2 heatsink install help
Topic Summary:
Created On: 01/04/2007 01:18 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/04/2007 01:18 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
stoshx

I have a question on the instillation of an AM2 socket processor's heatsink (retail box one).

According to the instructions on the included pamphlet I needed to clip both ends of the heatsink to the motherboard, which I have done and are visibly clipped in the pictures. However, in step 7 it shows the plastic lever being rotated clockwise 90 degrees. When I try to rotate the lever it doesn't move at all. Now I'm not new to installing processors so I know that some amount of force is required. But this is NOT moving, and I'm afraid of snapping the thing off if I push any harder. What does this lever do and does it need to be rotated? I have the heatsink locked down solid and it isn't budging so I just don't know what the point of this lever is. Any help would be appreciated.

Stosh

01/04/2007 02:23 PM

Author Icon
EdG

Maybe video would help?
AMD Processor Installation Videos
 01/04/2007 02:32 PM

Author Icon
stoshx

well, it wasn't a one finger job like the video shows, but I was able to get it down. Thanks for the help
 01/06/2007 01:20 AM

Author Icon
raj2677

Hi,

I am having a similar problem too.... Just got a AMD 3500+ AM socket and using the heatsink provided.
The lever does not go all the was fully down but stops anout 1 c.m. to the base. Is this ok. Tried ousing it dowm more but it reverts back to the original position. Is this ok. Some pics to show how it has been installed.

Thanks in advance for the assistance.

Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information