Increase font size
Topic Title: processor temperature
Topic Summary:
Created On: 02/10/2007 10:05 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/10/2007 10:05 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
ashwin

Hi,

I am using amd64 athlon x2 3800+ processor on asus m2n32-sli-deluxe. Whats the optimal temperature for the processor when idle & when under load. My processor temperature hovers around ~45C, is this ok. My mobo hovers around ~48C. Do i need add cooling solution. If yes whats the recomended cooling solution.

Thank you,

with regards,
ashwin
 02/10/2007 11:44 PM

Author Icon
XPFTP

hello ... i think 45C is around 115F so yes to me this is ok .. i run a X2 and it sits at around 32 to 36C in bios..

if u dont want this high of temp .. i myself use watercooling.. the kits for this go for many diff prices... so you would have to go with what you can aford.. but at least go higher end.. dont buy low end cheap watercooling systems as they wont do much more then the fan itself..

watercooling is great i love it ... i build my own and never goin back to the fan n heatsink ..... good luck
 02/10/2007 11:57 PM

Author Icon
Camthrax

a descent fan/and heatsink is pretty much the same as liquid, excpet the liquid carrys the heat away to be "disposed of" instead of jut getting rid of it righ then and there. plus there a night mare to put on, my aquarius 2 hurts my fingers jsut thinking about it...

but 45c should be fine under load.

-------------------------

Work requires research. thus, the Camthraxinator has returned.
AYB Proof that all your base are belong to Queen.

Proud Owner of a bass that's pickups are worth more than the bass itself.
 02/11/2007 04:17 AM

Author Icon
XPFTP

lol .. will in all reasoning .. yes it does carry the heat away.. but it also cools the water or adative that you use..

so it does cool the cpu more.. when i 1st started out with watercooling .. my xp2400 ran high around 135 to 145F.. after installing a simpler watercooling unit. the cpu temp droped to 110 to 120F ..

25F diff there.. thats a lot yes but it worked great.. uyou have to look at the cooling on your car.. its the same idea..

it works for some n not others ... i can not even remember the name of the unit i bought .. been that long ago ..

as far as installing.. that woudl go with the kit you buy and how you set it up.. u can do tests to find the best setup for you once buy a kit...

i can not tell you a good one stop shop for them the price ranges are so bad on the net you just have to look around.. but i say this dont get EGG on your face .. you might like NEW ones...

good luck
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information