I have the same problem on my Amd Athlon X2 4000+.
When i use the core temp it says core 0 : 16C and core 1 : 21C also I tryed sensor view and I ve got 16C. At the same time my system temp is 49C and hdd temp is 32C
My system is;
Amd Athlon X2 4000+ Scoket AM2 Brisbane
MSI K9N NEO-F V2 NFORCE 520 DDR2 800MHZ AM2
Asus Chasis 350W Case
Ati Radeon HD2900 GT
WD 250 Sata2 16Mb Cache
Please let me know the stuation about this.
Originally posted by: Dan in Saint Louis
* Type of processor (Ordering Part Number) E.g. "AMD Athlon XP 3200+" or "AXDA3200DKV4E" = Athlon X2 4400+ socket AM2 "Brisbane"
* Brand, model and revision of the motherboard including BIOS revision = ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe, BIOS 0702
* Brand and model of the heat sink = Zalman CNPS 9500 AM2 RTL
* Brand and model of the power supply = Antec EA500
* Operating System = WinXP Pro/SP2, all MS updates
* Detailed description of the problem:
How can I read the temperature of the CPU chip? Every program I have tried (the mother board BIOS, ASUS PC Probe II, FanSpeed, CoreTemp, Topaka SIW, and more) gives a different answer. ASUS Probe II, for example, reports the CPU temperature is 8C!
Is there a solution for correctly reading the temperature of this chip?