Topic Title: HyperTransport Sync Flood Error
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/19/2007 10:21 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/19/2007 10:21 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Yogi

It has only just started with a fairly new system,only happens from a cold boot but does not seem to create any problems when the system is up and running.

System Specs:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+
Corsair 2gb DDR2-800
MSI-K9n Platinum
Samsung 500gb Sata 2
Geforce 8800GTS 320mb OC
Vista Home Premium 32bit
Thermaltake 600W PSU

Searched everywhere and cannot find a solution to the problem

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks
Yogi
 09/20/2007 11:25 AM

Author Icon
kazgirl
Elite

Hi Yogi,

Love that name BTW...

I've never come across this error myself, so was intrigued...lol....did a google to see what I could turn up on it...

The nearest thing to a possible cause I found is chipset overheating due to poor case ventilation.....whats your case cooling setup like...???....cable managment....???

What kind of ambient temp are you in, and whats your mobo temp recorded as...??

The only other thing I would advise is that you check that you have the correct settings for your RAM the MSI website advises that the mobo defaults to the JEDEC standard 1.8v etc, and that the mobo may not operate correctly at these settings...

Hope this helps.

Kaz
-x-

-------------------------

3DMark06 = 20717 / 3DMark Vantage = P13618 / My Overclock Guide / My Troubleshooting Guide
 09/20/2007 08:35 PM

Author Icon
Camthrax

Or, possibly check that the hypertransport settings are set to the correct settings, (sorry, i don't know what these are for your mobo/cpu, although they should be fairly standard.)

when i get home from work, and if i havent had too many beers afterwards, i'll have a look around and see what sort of standard settings they should be on.

Work requires research. thus, the Camthraxinator has returned.
AYB Proof that all your base are belong to Queen.

Proud Owner of a bass that's pickups are worth more than the bass itself.
 09/21/2007 03:23 AM

Author Icon
Yogi

Hey,thanks for the replies.

Ambient temp atm is about 14 Celsius,case temps are fine by my reckoning,

CPU 34
Mobo 31
GPU 55

Ram voltage is set to 1.8v going by CPU-Z so all looks ok.

Had a look at the HTT settings and all set to standard from what I can gather.

As weird as it may seem I installed Roxio Easy Media Creator 3 days ago and it happened after this the following 2 mornings from a cold reboot.So I uninstalled it yesterday and cleaned out all instances of Roxio from my system and registry and it did not happen this morning from a cold boot.

I don't think this would be the problem but I will keep on monitoring it.

Again thanks for the replies and great forum you guys have here.
 10/29/2007 03:02 PM

Author Icon
Orv101

Same problem has arisen here. Building up new PC with same MB. In the process I've had to install/reinstall WIN XP SP2 4 times for various reasons. Error started appearing a couple of days ago, after I was reinstalling same software as before. No clue. May have correlated with installing Firefox, but I'm dubious it's related.
Interesting other effect. Previously the board was randomly rebooting when cold, maybe during 1st 15 minutes of operation from a few hours of full power off. That problem has disappeared since sync flood error started appearing. I think the MSI MB is bad, am considering replacing with someone else's. Unfortunately ASUS doesn't seem to offer the combo of features I want.
Orv101
 10/30/2007 10:53 AM

Author Icon
Orv101

Maybe success here with same problem.
The MB seems programed to run the CPU core voltage at the max rated by AMD.
For my processor the rating I found is 1.250 to 1.325 volts at 2300 MHz.
The BIOS setup was "Auto" and was 1.32V, showing up on various displays as varying between 1.31 and 1.33 V. I manually reset it to 1.25V in the BIOS, which displays as a constant 1.24V in the MSI DualCore utility.
As I have done in the past, I also found that in the BIOS I could reduce the CPU clock rate. I left the FSB at 200 MHz and reduced the clock multiplier from 11.5x to 10x, reducing the CPU internal clock from 2300 MHz to 2000 MHz. Never notice a 10% drop in processor speed, but it's helped a lot on previous machines with strange glitches relating to the MB and CPU.
You can reset the FSB speed in the DualCore utility, but I think it reverts when rebooted and I see no need to slow the whole machine, just the CPU. Recommend using the BIOS controls instead.
So far, so good here.
 12/22/2008 02:25 AM

Author Icon
dreadlydeimos

I got a Hypertransport Sync Flood Error these past days... The problem is sudden... It comes out randomly at first boot.

My PC Specification:
AMD Ahthelon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3600+
MSI K9N Ultra - 2F
Memory V-Gen PC5700 1GB @ 4 Piece
Microsoft XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 3
Sparkle GeFORCE 7300GT (PCI-E) 256MB DDR2 128 Bit

I see that I have a common problem with Mr. Yogi and the same Mobo. Is it a MSI problem?
Does other Mobo's have the same problem?
If doesn't, What Mobo do you use?
 12/22/2008 12:32 PM

Author Icon
grndragon57

I did a search of the "Hypertransport Flood Error" and couldn't find a solution. However there something in common with every post I read on it, They all were on MSI K9N motherboards sounds like either a BIOS or motherboard problem. MSI support would probably be the best place to start.

Athlon 64 X2 4800 @ 3000mhz, Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro, Biostar 520 A2, 2x1gb G.Skill DDR2 800, EVGA 8800 GT, Corsair VX450, Cooler Master Centurion 534,

Phenom II 720 @ 3700mhz, Zigmatek Dark Knight S1283V, EVGA 730a, 2x2gb G.Skill PI-Black DDR2 1066, EVGA GTX 260, Corsair VX550, CM 690 Case
 12/23/2008 11:11 AM

Author Icon
dreadlydeimos

I did already
but the reply that they gave is this:
Dear XXXXXX,

For your concern,could you please refer to suggestions below to check:
1.reconnect all devices on MB;
2.clear cmos,then go to bios to load optimized defaults;
3.under windows,please use MSI Live Update to update the driver of MB;
4.remove the current vga driver,and reinstall it from nvidia website
5.if possible,could you please use another cpu and memory to check;
6.if the issue remains,please reinstall the system to have a try;

If the issue remians,please feel free to contact us.And we will check again.

Best regards,
MSI technical support team
 12/23/2008 11:11 PM

Author Icon
dreadlydeimos

Oh yeah, one more thing...
I assure you that I've tried it all...
(except for 5 and 6, which is a pain to reinstall my system, and don't have a relative that has the same spec to test another CPU and MEMORY)

And the result is still the same. The Hypertransport Flood Sync Errors still occurs Randomly.

-->One question for all of you who has the same problem. Does your PC Hang randomly too???
 09/22/2009 09:23 PM

Author Icon
IAISIS

Originally posted by: grndragon57

I did a search of the "Hypertransport Flood Error" and couldn't find a solution. However there something in common with every post I read on it, They all were on MSI K9N motherboards sounds like either a BIOS or motherboard problem. MSI support would probably be the best place to start.

Hi,
I have also incured this HTSFE just recently which has led me to here, I unlike everyone here though have an Asus M4a79-T Deluxe MB With a Phenom II X4 955. Now i dont know if the bios are similar or the same.. but i just thought i would add that this error isnt just limited to the MSI K9N. If this is a bios bug. I too have not had any luck finding a solution to this either. Mind you it has happened twice in the last 3 days now and only whle i am playing Red Faction Guerillas, which has numerous problems with a great many people/systems, I would like to chalk the blame up to this in my particular case... hopefully.

And my system crashes while playing the game then on reboot it tells me i had the HTSFE.

My PC Specs

Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition
Asus M4a79-T Deluxe
(2x)2GB Kingston DDR3 Ram
Corsair tx750w
XFX ATI Radeon 4890 XXX Black Edition
Win7 RC
 09/23/2009 05:29 PM

Author Icon
sweetdude

Same problem here with the following setup:
Asus M4a78-T-E
2x 2GB OCZ DDR3 platinum OCZ3P13332G
Coolermaster real power 750W
MSI 4870 1GB
case is a NEXUS edge with additional 12CM fan
WIN 7 RTM

Also running cool n quit

Edited: 09/23/2009 at 05:36 PM by sweetdude
 11/17/2009 07:32 AM

Author Icon
hegysk

Hello, i have same problem too!

But the difference is that i am using ASUS motherboard... randomly freezes, restarts and shows HT flood sync error in bios (post). I wrote to ASUS vip support and they replied me this: "Isn't your CPU overclocked or underclocked?" and then any reactions... If you guys find solution how to fix this then contact me PLEASE at hegysk@gmail.com.
(btw our MBs have same chipset, maybe that is the problem)
 12/05/2009 11:21 AM

Author Icon
Puggs

Originally posted by: IAISIS

Hi,

I have also incured this HTSFE just recently which has led me to here, I unlike everyone here though have an Asus M4a79-T Deluxe MB With a Phenom II X4 955. Now i dont know if the bios are similar or the same.. but i just thought i would add that this error isnt just limited to the MSI K9N. If this is a bios bug. I too have not had any luck finding a solution to this either. Mind you it has happened twice in the last 3 days now and only whle i am playing Red Faction Guerillas, which has numerous problems with a great many people/systems, I would like to chalk the blame up to this in my particular case... hopefully.

And my system crashes while playing the game then on reboot it tells me i had the HTSFE.

My PC Specs

Asus M4a79-T Deluxe

(2x)2GB Kingston DDR3 Ram

Corsair tx750w

XFX ATI Radeon 4890 XXX Black Edition

Win7 RC

Originally posted by: sweetdude

Same problem here with the following setup:

Asus M4a78-T-E

2x 2GB OCZ DDR3 platinum OCZ3P13332G

Coolermaster real power 750W

MSI 4870 1GB

case is a NEXUS edge with additional 12CM fan

WIN 7 RTM

Also running cool n quit

I also have the same rig (We all must've gotten this from NewEgg.com-The Dragon combo or something like that)

And I've been getting the same read of "Hyper Transport Sync Flood Error"

Anyone come up with any suggestions??
 12/23/2009 12:55 PM

Author Icon
MastiffMan2007
Fanboi

Hey Gang,
Is everyone that's getting this error have even a mild OC or more on their rig?

I know that I do but I also know that it didn't start until I reached higher OCs with my 965 that I just installed.

So being that it's a "SYNC" error of the Hypertransport, then maybe it's because of the OCing. Or maybe it's the BIOS. I'm going to switch back to an older BIOS by the weekend or maybe this afternoon if I get time and see if the error presents itself again with the identicle setting as these newer BIOS. If it doesn't then I would assume that it's a BIOS Issue. Maybe with Coding...

EDIT: OKAY, FOUND OUT THE CULPRIT of this Hypertransport Sync Flood Error.

Did some testing on the CPU, CPU-NB, HT and Ram.

The CPU was ONLY component that reproduced the HTSF Error.

When not enough volts are being provided to the CPU it will reboot at any time (Especially during heavy to max loads) with either a black screen or verticle lines right before rebooting. While posting you see this messege.

"hypertransport sync flood error has occured. Press F1 to resume"

So there are a number of Scenarios that may cause this BUT they ALL lead back to the main reason. Not enough power to the CPU at the time that the heavy load produces failure.

1. To high of an OC without the ample amount of CPU volts.
2. Plain, not enough CPU Volts at any speed.
3. Possible Bad power supply.
4. Motherboard with very high amount of VDroop which ultimately leads back to "Not Enough CPU Volts". This will reveal itself with a load on the CPU. Maybe not during typical use. Could just be that the motherboard has CPU power providing issues as well (Good power from PSU but motherboard wastes the power before reaching the CPU).

Hope that this helps someone out!

PhenomII x4 965 BE "C3" @ 4.3Ghz
PROOF!!!!
MSI 790FX-GD70
OCZ Flex EX 2000MHz (1700) @ 7-7-7-21-1T @ 2.05v
Sapphire ATI VAPOR-X 5770 1Gb @1100mhz/ 1475mhz
OCZ 32GB SATAII SSD + WD Green 32mb 500Gb
RAIDMAX RX-850SS 850W PSU
Windows 7 x64

Edited: 12/23/2009 at 11:26 PM by MastiffMan2007
 01/04/2010 08:23 PM

Author Icon
dinominant

I am also having the problem, but only recently has the bios reported something useful. I have an Asus M4A79T Deluxe with a Phenom 955 and 8GB (4x2GB) of ram. I do not overclock/underclock my computer and the temperatures of all the components are sane. I have been experiencing random lockups and reboots when the system is under heavy load. The only way I could get it to run stable was to underclock the ram and cpu as far as they would go which is a ridiculous solution.

I own a computer business so I have been able to swap out every component in my system. I've tried 2 brand new Asus M4A79T Deluxe motherboards (one flashed to the latest BIOS, the other straight from the box), 2 CPU's (phenom 955 and now a phenom 965). I've memtested each stick of ram and they are all fine. I've even removed the video card altogether and it still locked up when I sshed in and started a compile!

I assume the other people with Asus motherbaords are running Windows. I'm running Linux. So this is *not* a software problem. It's really frustrating because I can't even compile for more than 5 minutes without a reboot/lockup which makes the computer totally useless unless I underclock everything, but then why get a fast computer if I'm underclocking my CPU to 800MHz!

Current freezing/rebooting configuraiton:
Asus M4A79T Deluxe (BIOS version 1303)
AMD Phenom 965 (not overclocked/underclocked)
8GB Mushkin Ram (4x2GB XP3-12800)
ATI Radeon HD 4890 (still crashes when no video card is installed)
Enermax Galaxy 1000W power supply
 01/06/2010 08:32 AM

Author Icon
cusafr

I have been fighting this problem for days. I don't have all the equipment I would like to have in order to figure out the solution.

I may be wrong but it appears to me, it is one of these problems:

1)Power Supply

2) CPU

3) Motherboard

4) Possibly the Memory?

I see you have done some testing. Have you tried changing Power Supply?

If you do figure this out, please let me know. It is a PITA.

Thanks,

Jim

cusafr

MSI 790FX-GD70: BIOS Ver: 1.7 AMD Phenom II X4 955BE
Cooler Master V8-CPU Cooler
Radeon 5750-1GB Video Card
OCZ AMD Black Edition Memory-8GB (4x2) DDR3-1600 (Running at 1333)
Corsair 750-TX Power Supply
Windows 7, 64-Bit
 01/06/2010 10:03 PM

Author Icon
dinominant

I called Asus and it turns out it was a rather specific problem. Apparently if you install ram designed for overclocking into this motherboard it sets the voltage to 1.5V regardless of what the ram requires to operate stably. My memory requires 1.85V minimum. I had assumed that the BIOS would set sane voltages by default but the BIOS assumed I was going to set them manually since I have enthusiast ram (even though I'm not overclocking). So I flashed my BIOS to the latest available on the Asus website, cleared the CMOS, booted into the BIOS, set my voltage to what the ram required (in my case it was 1.85V) and everything has been stable ever since.

I recommend anybody else having stability problems with the Asus M4A79T Deluxe to explicitly set the voltage and speed of your memory in your BIOS. This appears to have fixed the problem for me (I've been stable for about 48 hours of continuous compiling on all 4 cores -- which is a record for this machine).
 01/08/2010 07:48 AM

Author Icon
Wingu

I had the same problem with my AMD Phenom 2 X4 810 processor and ASUS M4A79T-E, but just as dinominant said, I looked up the required voltage for my memory about two weeks ago and it turned out that it needed 1,75V in order to run.
In my case, the default voltage for DRAM was 1,6V and I turned it up to 1,76V and I haven't had a hypertransport flood sync error since then.
 01/08/2010 08:08 AM

Author Icon
Overmind
Assimilator

You need higher RAM modules voltage.
Voltage can be a problem if it's too low when the system tries to x-fer large amounts of data into RAM.

World's best Red Alert 2: Yuri's Revenge mod and Star Trek: Starfleet Command 3 mod: Overmind.ro
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information