AMD Processors
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Yet another too hot thread.
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03/26/2008 10:28 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/26/2008 10:28 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Marrec

Howdy, new to the forum mainly because of the problem I've been having. Well, it's not really a problem (but for playing WoW).

My card is an AMD 64 X2 Dualie 5000+, Motherboard is Asus M2N68-LA.

Running a system stability test in Everest for less than 2 minutes jumped my CPU Core Temp to 90C. I kinda figure that this is probably too hot. At the same time, my CPU Temp is sitting at 44-45C. The Core Temps idle at 11-12C respectively. I'm not entirely sure how CPU Core Temp differs from CPU Temp, (Other than the obvious.) So I decided to post here and ask if there have been similar problems with the 5000+ processor.

I've read other threads on this topic and none seem to describe the problem I am having. Everything in the system is stock, stock fan, stock heat-sink, stock PSU... and I've been having trouble running WoW recently as it randomly shuts off my computer. As if it's overheating.

This may sound disjointed, but please bear with a noob while he tries to figure out if his CPU is fused to the motherboard yet.
 03/27/2008 02:20 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
geezer_wheelz
Elite

Welcome to the forum

I had the exact same problem

My problem was the brand new motherboard, it had issues with the voltage regulators.

The randoms shutting down sure sounds like over heating.
Is this a new system or an old system?

Try turning down the voltage to the cpu and see how low you can go with it still booting

Some other things to try
Take the voltage off auto to the CPU and specify 1.325v

-------------------------
Asus M4A79 Deluxe, Phenom II 940 BE, 20,770 3D06

Asus Moderator ~ My CPU Overheating Guide

Edited: 03/27/2008 at 02:21 AM by geezer_wheelz
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information