Increase font size
Topic Title: Barton Core Operating and FSB speed
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/28/2004 03:57 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/28/2004 03:57 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
jaws

Before i start out with the question, this question is about a MOBILE XP 2500+ cpu with the barton core.
Firstly i would like to know if there is a difference in the barton core in a MOBILE cpu or the standard one for a pc. Also is there a way to identitfy the core speed, FSB, chache, and other things with the cpu's mfg part number. I am looking at buying a 2500+ mobile cpu for my laptop and i need to buy a 2500 WITH a FSB of 333Mhz. Which shouldnt be that hard but once u start searching for something online i find all those cpu's WITH the barton core at FSB266Mhz, is the barton FSB capable of running both the speeds of 266Mhz and 333Mhz? Also i have noticed that some will sell the same model cpu with both the core speeds of 1.83Ghz and 1.867 Ghz. Could someone please let me know about this??

-Jaren
 11/28/2004 05:13 PM

Author Icon
cyberjunkie

Just get the one rated at 2500+, it runs on 333MHz FSB and is the best one to overclock out there, and if you are getting it for your laptop, get the Athlon XP-M. The difference between a mobile processor and the regular one is that the mobile version runs on less power, produces less heat and has unlocked multipliers(if you know what I am talking about).
 11/28/2004 09:37 PM

Author Icon
Silk_the_Absent1

QUOTE (cyberjunkie @ Nov 28 2004, 03:13 PM) Just get the one rated at 2500+, it runs on 333MHz FSB and is the best one to overclock out there, and if you are getting it for your laptop, get the Athlon XP-M. The difference between a mobile processor and the regular one is that the mobile version runs on less power, produces less heat and has unlocked multipliers(if you know what I am talking about).
Actually the best bet is an XP-M. Those are fine in desktop systems, and are MUCH better overclockers then their desktop counterparts.

-Adam
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information