Increase font size
Topic Title: XP-M 2500+ on Epox 8RDA+ changing multiplier range
Topic Summary:
Created On: 07/21/2004 03:23 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/21/2004 03:23 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Fatman

I'm overclocking my XP-M 2500+ on an Epox 8RDA+. It's running really sweetly (2.25GHz with 1.50v, ~45C max) at 12.5 x 180MHz. The chip clearly has a long way to go before reaching its O/C limit. I don't want to raise the FSB further (RAM couldn't handle it), so I want to raise the multiplier. The motherboard won't allow me to choose multipliers above 12.5.

I recall that with Thoroughbred chips there used to be a trick to modify the active range of multipliers. It was possible to wrap two particular pins with wire and thereby make a connection. That would toggle the active range from <=12.5* to >=13*. Is the same possible with the Barton XP-Ms? If so, which two pins need to be connected?

Thanks...
 07/21/2004 10:56 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Aubrey

http://www.cpuheat.wz.cz/html/Tweaks.htm' ">http://www.cpuheat.wz.cz/html/Tweaks.htm
Everything you need is right there: But a new custom bios with multipliers up to 14 would be very nice.

-------------------------
( Quote )
Possession of a powerful computer is no substitute for a working brain.
A working brain is no substitute for possession of a powerful computer.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information