Increase font size
Topic Title: How to update BIOS
Topic Summary:
Created On: 12/07/2004 06:48 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/07/2004 06:48 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
PowerPlant05

I want to update my bios since its still the same version that came stock. I cant tell what Rev my board is wether its 1 or 2. I ran PCMark04 and clicked on the details tab, under motherboard it showed it as a revision 3? How can I determine which one I really have and how to get it updated. Thanks

-------------------------
Coming Soon:
Athlon 64 3200+ Winchester
MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum
Tagan 480W PSU
M.A.S.S. Computers Inc.' ">http://www.masscomputers.com/
 12/07/2004 07:34 PM

Author Icon
SLaY3r

Did Gigabyte give you any programs to flash your BIOS? If not, do you know how to make a MS-DOS Boot Disk?

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of AMD, OCZ, or ATI
"bv, if Mormons were real, you'd be one" - SDA
 12/08/2004 08:41 AM

Author Icon
Old Camper

QUOTE (PowerPlant05 @ Dec 8 2004, 09:48 AM) I want to update my bios since its still the same version that came stock. I cant tell what Rev my board is wether its 1 or 2. I ran PCMark04 and clicked on the details tab, under motherboard it showed it as a revision 3? How can I determine which one I really have and how to get it updated. Thanks
The rev. 1 version of the Gigabyte GA-7N400 Pro2 has a fan on the NorthBridge, the rev. 2 has just a heatsink.

To update your BIOS, use the online updating utility called "@BIOS". This is located on your N Force 2 driver CD, included with your motherboard.

Old Camper

One day, humanity will advance forward and leave behind our humble little world to reach innumerable heights of technology, evolution and civilization, to bring our imaginations into the unsuspecting universe and ourselves... play God.
| Email/MSN: old_camper@hotmail.com | Visit the SSAA | IRC @ #forums.amd.irc on irc.d
 12/08/2004 11:46 AM

Author Icon
JesterOnYEr6

I wouldnt use the Windoze based Bios update tool cuz if windows locks your in trouble although the board does have dual Bios. I would download the Bios onto a floppy then go tinto the bios at startup and there is an update utility within the Bios that works very well.

Phenom 9600 BE @ 2.5 ghz | Ati HD2900XT | OCZ Titanium XTC DDR800 4Gigs | MSI K9A2 Platinum | XFi Xtreme | Zalman 9700 | Enermax 620W | Dell 2405 | G7 | G15
 12/08/2004 04:02 PM

Author Icon
AMD808

QUOTE I wouldnt use the Windoze based Bios update tool cuz if windows locks your in trouble although the board does have dual Bios. I would download the Bios onto a floppy then go tinto the bios at startup and there is an update utility within the Bios that works very well.

Agreed. To make an MS-DOS bootable floppy...

-Insert a floppy disk
-Right click your floppy drive and click format
-Check the box "create MS-DOS startup disk" (something like that)
-After formatting, extract the BIOS files to the floppy disk.
-Leave the floppy in, and restart the computer.

The flash utility should display and just follow the instructions.

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information