AMD Processors
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Athlon II x3 455 Rana Voltage Questions
Topic Summary: Is the voltage on any of the cores suppose to drop randomly?
Created On: 12/10/2011 02:47 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/10/2011 02:47 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Pamirace
Lurker

Hi guys, first post here. I recently upgraded my old AM2 mobo and processor, and I have a few questions.

First, are the voltages on any of the cores suppose to randomly drop? I am seeing a dip down to .98 v on core 1, and the other 3 are staying at 1.35 v. I was wondering if this is normal, as I usually monitor this with CPUID HW, and have never noticed this before.

Also, would having the boards auto OC turned on have anything to do with this. This is my first build, and I was trying to check stability. My temps are hovering around 17c on idle, and bump up to 25c or so on load. I know it's pretty cool, but I was wondering if the undervoltage is normal, and will it hurt the chip?

Pardon my inexperience, as I am just now getting into this on my own, trying to read anything I can. Hopefully, I can get a bit of guidance here.

I got it to unlock the 4th core last night, however, I turned the unlocker off just incase that was what was causing it. Any info would help, and I hate to ask such a noobish questions. I just don't want to ruin this chip. I loved it in my AM2 board. But wanted the 4th core.

Thanks in advance.

-------------------------
Athlon II x3 455 Rana
MSI 760GM-E51
Corsair 1333 DDR3 8gigs
Xion 580 PSU
Coolermaster Hyper212
500g 7200 HD
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information