AMD Processors
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Safe Zone For 2200 Thorton Temp.
Topic Summary:
Created On: 02/21/2005 06:54 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/21/2005 06:54 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
OmegaForte

I bought a very adequate cooler for my brand new chip, A speeze(Now maxcool)...I forget, but it's got a green fan, 5500rpm, and just today, I saw a 57C..And It's never gone over 45, but then again, my room temp is 28C, And I've got a box fan set up for emergency cooling, Wasn't idle, full load, I need to know the safe zone for the temp, and if anyone's got any sucessful overclocks for the thorton 2200+, I'd like to get some info, since it's a locked processor, like fsb rates, yadda yadda..
 02/22/2005 12:30 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
AMD808

It's within acceptable limits.

You must take into account your case cooling, and weather. If the weather is hot, you can expect temps to rise. If you lack the air flow in your case, then it means a starving processor. Not that you should worry, however. As long as you are not experiencing any stability problems.

As for overclocking, it really is a trial and error situation. If you need a guide to overclocking, you can find a good one right here' ">http://forums.amd.com/index.php?showtopic=16788.

-------------------------

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information