Increase font size
Topic Title: AMDEide Registry Setting
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/05/2003 12:30 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/05/2003 12:30 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
humantraffic

I was browsing through my system registry and noticed
something strange about some settings. The settings that appear to be wrong are the Drive String settings in HKLM\Software\AMD\AmdEide. In my BIOS, I have both my HDD's set up as Primary Master (C and Slave (D. My DVD ROM (F and CD Burner (E are the Secondary Master and Slaves (respective). However, in the AmdEide Registry part, they are listed as my C: drive is "DriveM0", CD Burner is "DriveM1", Second HDD is "DriveS0", and my DVD ROM is set to "DriveS1". I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the AMD driver for the Bus Master controller (1.36), but it does not change anything (Even after deleting the AmdEide Key). Using Jabil Kadoka rev.4 Gateway motherboard (Latest BIOS) on AMD 750 Chipset, Athlon Classic 950 MHz, 320 MB Crucial PC133 SDRAM, and Win98SE. Do I just change the Binary Value of "OverrideBIOS" in that key to Zero? BTW, I get Boot Sector Errors all the time, not to mention the AGP mode is stuck in 1x. Thanks
 11/05/2003 02:43 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
marlonwh

Suposing you´ve written the order of your DVD/CD-RW wrong ( I recomend using CD-RW as Secondary Master and I belive this is what you intended to say.)

0 (Primary IDE) / 1 (Secondary IDE)
M (Master) / S (Slave)

C: Drive M 0 (Master / Primary IDE) First HDD
D: Drive S 0 (Slave / Primary IDE) Second HDD
E: Drive M 1 (Master / Secondary) CD-RW
F: Drive S 1 (Slave / Secondary) DVD-ROM

Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information