Increase font size
Topic Title: WARRANTY REGISTRATION DOESNT WORK
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03/28/2006 11:40 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/28/2006 11:40 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
roadapathy

I need to RMA my XP here but its not working. Originally, the site said you must have the serial code off the fan. Well, I didnt use the original fan, I used a bigger better one. So I couldnt find the fan to process the RMA. Its stupid to put a serial number on a CPU fan instead of the CPU itself....Now it says to use the number off the CPU. Great, now we are talking BUT the registration form online is NOT WORKING! ARGH!

I think AMD does not really want to support their products. Eh?

Correct me if I am wrong, thanks!

03/28/2006 02:21 PM

Author Icon
jwsm

You are not the only one who has had problems getting the online rma process to work. /wacko.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" />
It is better to call them instead. To contact AMD, click on the link at the top right corner of this page.

-------------------------
There are two kinds of people in the computing world.....those who have lost data, and those who will.
If your data is worth anything, back it up!
 03/31/2006 02:56 AM

Author Icon
bvchurch

quote:

Originally posted by: roadapathy
I need to RMA my XP here but its not working. Originally, the site said you must have the serial code off the fan. Well, I didnt use the original fan, I used a bigger better one. So I couldnt find the fan to process the RMA. Its stupid to put a serial number on a CPU fan instead of the CPU itself....Now it says to use the number off the CPU. Great, now we are talking BUT the registration form online is NOT WORKING! ARGH!

I think AMD does not really want to support their products. Eh?

Correct me if I am wrong, thanks!

As jwsm pointed out it appears many people are having problems with the system. I have heard that Firefox is not working with the AMD support RMA pages for some reason, but anyways this link will have info for you to contact AMD.
http://www.amd.com/us-en/Corpo...utAM...592_712,00.html
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information