AMD Processors
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: XP-M not recognised.What to do?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03/01/2007 01:51 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/01/2007 01:51 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
AMeDeus

Hello good people

If ure kind to help me...i had an unlocked AMD Athlon XP 1800 + and changed now with an XP-M Barton 2800+,the problem is that it's not recognized from the MB.....Concret,what MB should i buy,what producer,what model?????I want to see when boot..that i have this Barton inside...not only seee in CPUID or other programs....
I have now the old Gigabyte GA 7VA-XP.what MB should i buy???????
And maybe u'll can tell me more about this processor OC possibilities...speed..fsb..

Thx a lot 4 help !!! /excl.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":excl:" border="0" alt="excl.gif" />
 03/01/2007 04:43 PM

Author Icon
TLH

Welcome.

It's generally considered bad form to dredge up a 3 year old thread to post your question in hence I've split it out and created your own thread for you.

Now,just because your Gig GA-7VA-XP doesn't recognise the cpu doesn't mean it won't run it.Very few boards actually recognise an XP-M officially as the string is not written into the bios.

You should have multiplier control via dip switches on the motherboard itself and not through the bios.Your board is limited to 333fsb though I think and has a Via chipset so no pci/agp lock.It's not an overclocking board to be honest.To get the best out of the xp-m2800 look at a nforce2 board.

-------------------------
The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.

1100t on M5A99x-EVO with 2x4gb and 6870 running Win7 on Force120 ssd in Corsair 600t cooled by H100. Folding for team 34106
 03/28/2007 07:42 AM

Author Icon
JohalaReewi

Gigabyte mobos don't usually detect mobile CPUs and will default to the lowest possible clock speed and multiplier. So you should be able to get the system up and running but not very fast. If there is no way to set your own clock and multiplier using jumpers or the bios (quite possible on gigabyte) then you can try a free utility CrystalCPUID which allows software change of the multiplier. Some Gigabyte boards are happy with this and some just crash. What you really need is another mobo that is not Gigabyte.

CrystalCPUID from here...
http://crystalmark.info/?lang=en
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information