Increase font size
Topic Title: AMD XP 2600 +/512 DDR 3200/M7NCD
Topic Summary:
Created On: 04/12/2004 05:54 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/12/2004 05:54 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
xxxdragon

i have the amd xp 2600+ processor/ 512 ddr 3200 ram/ biostar m7ncd motherboard. it was working now nothing? had the fsb set for 166, the processor was showing as it should, and everything, it was freezing up whenever i played a game like quake 3. i have the gefrce5200 video card with 128 mb of ddr ram on it. thought maybe it was the power supply so i hooked it up to another computer, and it was fine. thought maybe motherboard shelled. so i smelled it for the burnt smell, and physically looked at it under a magnifying glass headset. no burnt marks anywhere. looked at the processor also. nothing there either. reapplied compound. unplugged all ide cables, and power cables to everything else. took, and reseated the ram, and even tried it with the ram out nothing. all parts are new. tried resetting the bios with the battery in, and out both, unplugged of course. still nothing. it has a 120 gig @ 7200 rpm hardrive in it. cd burner, and dvd player. any ideas? any help would be appreciated

thank you very much.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information