Increase font size
Topic Title: SOYO SY-K7VMP2 & CPU temp
Topic Summary:
Created On: 05/06/2004 11:50 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/06/2004 11:50 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
mschepp

My SOYO SY-K7VMP2 motherboard's bios PC Health Status has two different CPU temperature read outs. My processor is an AMD Athlon 2400+. The first reading is "CPU Temp" which is around 50C unloaded. The other is "CPU Temp on Die" which runs around the mid 70'sC. This motherboard has an ABR, antiburn regulator with a default cutoff temp of 85C. The MB manual indicates the AMD Athlon 2400 and 2600 had issues with the ABR and suggested disabling it which I did because on bootup it would sometimes apparently reach that temp and shutdown. With all that being said, how is "CPU Temp on Die" related to CPU temp and should I be concerned about that die temp approaching 90C which I believe is getting close to overheating problems.
I do have very good AMD approved heatsink and properly applied thermal paste.
 05/07/2004 10:47 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Aubrey

Sounds like your m/b has sensor problems which many m/b's not just SOYO has. There are some good articles in the guides section on temps.
http://forums.amd.com/index.php?showforum=28' ">http://forums.amd.com/index.php?showforum=28

-------------------------
( Quote )
Possession of a powerful computer is no substitute for a working brain.
A working brain is no substitute for possession of a powerful computer.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information