Increase font size
Topic Title: system fan
Topic Summary:
Created On: 07/06/2004 11:33 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/06/2004 11:33 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
snithead88

hello the question is. i have a system fan on the back of my tower case and i have it pointed to suck the hot air out of my case, but the thing is.. its usually sucking cold air out, sometimes hot air but like kinda worm air.. pics are below to show about where the fan is..

and this is to show what my cpu temps are.

is there a way to make my cpu fan and system fan to run higher rpm to cool more?

thanks for the help.

-------------------------

Free Sigs, Ask. AM3 Score
 07/06/2004 12:46 PM

Author Icon
MD - Moderator
Deployer of Mjölnir - House Keeping

Draw cold air in from the bottom of the case (IN) and suck hot air out of the top of the case. Your big fan could be interupting the airflow to your cpu heatsink, causing elevated temperatures inside the case. Air flow is crucial !

You could also use a duct from the big fan to direct air towards your heatsink fan, that could help you.

Have a look at this builder guide for more info:
http://www.amd.com/us-en/asset...t_ty..._docs/26003.pdf' ">http://www.amd.com/us-en/asset...nd_tech_docs/26003.pdf

Later

MD

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.

Physics? Ha! This is clearly magic and devilry at work. Prepare firewood! We have witches to burn!

07/06/2004 12:51 PM

Author Icon
parsifal

Hot air tends to go up, if you put the exaust fan close to case bottom, it doesn't help as it can. Is there any change for you to put the fan upper in the case more close to H&F or in top of the case? Now, if you lock at System temp, it's at 29ºC, well i think that's why you feel warm air exausting; 29ºC is a warm temp...
 07/06/2004 04:19 PM

Author Icon
lordmozilla

29 degrees isnt bad at all... I lean case temps are normally 5-10 degrees higher than house temps. So unless your house is colder than 20 degrees its quite a good temperature.
 07/06/2004 05:15 PM

Author Icon
snithead88

my house is real warm today its hot where i am, the system temp is usually lower 20s on a normal 70'F day but my system runs between 5-35'c, but is my cpu temp hot? im thinkin on getting a pci fan for the bottom to suck cold air in, and use the big fan to suck it out. but if the big fan is sucking cool air then whats that?

also, as i said before.. is there a way i can gain rpm on the cpu and system fan? when i start up its goin like crazy like what it said on the bios, but after it goes down to about 2k to 2.5k rpm and the system fan is like 1k.. to low i think..

07/06/2004 05:28 PM

Author Icon
Silk_the_Absent1

An intake fan isn't nearly are important as an exhuast fan, I'd just set it to pull hot air out of the case, maybe put a side intake fan on the case, but again, intake is't really important as long as the case has vents then you are generally covered for intake.

Also, 51C isn't the coolest, but it isn't near the danger zone, so you're ok, what HSF are you using? A good HSF makes all the difference.

-Adam
 07/06/2004 05:31 PM

Author Icon
snithead88

im using the stock hsf it came with, but i have another ? i have another heatsink and fan for amd and it is from a 1600+ and it has more fins on the fan then the one im using now. would it keep cooler than what im using now?

07/06/2004 05:36 PM

Author Icon
Silk_the_Absent1

If the old one is from a retail 1600+ then no, don't use it. You can get a better HSF which will keep it cooler, but it will void the 3 year warranty, assuming you got a retail pack. If you got an OEM chip, then by all means, upgrade the HSF.

-Adam
 07/06/2004 05:42 PM

Author Icon
snithead88

well the cpu came with the pc i got i just upgraded everything into it. what should i get for a heatsink, copper base?

07/06/2004 06:19 PM

Author Icon
Aubrey

Sounds like you have cool and quiet on that m/b slowing the fans down go into the bios and disable it if thats the case and they will run full speed.

( Quote )
Possession of a powerful computer is no substitute for a working brain.
A working brain is no substitute for possession of a powerful computer.
 07/06/2004 09:21 PM

Author Icon
snithead88

ok, whats it called in the bios? i really need to speed this baby up lol

07/06/2004 09:30 PM

Author Icon
Aubrey

Lets hear the make and model of the m/b before you get anymore info!

( Quote )
Possession of a powerful computer is no substitute for a working brain.
A working brain is no substitute for possession of a powerful computer.
 07/06/2004 09:39 PM

Author Icon
snithead88

Manufacturer: Micro Star

Model: MS-6390

MPS Version: 1.40

Version: 3.0

07/06/2004 10:53 PM

Author Icon
snithead88

find anything yet? :-/ i looked around for a lil while.. i got a updater for my bios and everything to auto update for me.

thanks for all the help with everything AMD is a really awesome company and you guys really know what you are doing, i dont know what i would do if amd wouldnt havent such a nice supporting team.

thanks again!

Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information