Increase font size
Topic Title: Athlon II X4 645 Temp Issue
Topic Summary: Constant high temperatures
Created On: 08/27/2011 04:15 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/27/2011 04:15 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
sdrawkcab
Lurker

Hi guys, I'm new here. I've been searching the net for this issue I'm having and found this forum and thought it would be the best place to ask. Now, I saw the thread started by azuniga about the same problem I'm having, but didn't want to hijack the thread, and also, we have different system specs.

Yesterday I built a new system and I'm stumped about what is causing the high processor temperatures. I monitored the system from the point I powered everything up to this point and the temperature at idle is between 45-50 degrees celsius. I'm getting these readings from the BIOS and Gigabyte's EasyTune 6 software. I have not overclocked the processor, everything's set to default in BIOS, except I disabled automatic fan control so the CPU fan spins at max speed. Housed in a Cooler Master 922 HAF case with default cooling (3 fans - top exhaust, front intake, back exhaust). I'm a PC tech and this really has me stumped, as I know it's pretty common to have these processors hitting temps between 26-40 degrees celsius on air with stock heatsink+fan.

System specs:-
Motherboard - Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 Rev. 1.0
PSU - Corsair TX Enthusiast Series 650W
4x4GB (16GB) Kingston 1333 DDR3 1.5V RAM
Sapphire Radeon HD4350 GPU
AMD Athlon IIX4 645 - 3.1Ghz w/ Stock Thermal Compoud and Heatsink+Fan
Cooler Master HAF 922
500GB Seagate 7200rpm HDD
Microsoft Windows XP SP3

Any suggestions or help will be greatly appreciated. I'm really not keen on aftermarket coolers.

Thanks
 09/01/2011 03:25 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
go_for
Alpha Geek

Might check the voltages(Vcore) in BIOS, is it what is recommended for that processor? If not, try lowering it a notch or two.

I see there is a recent BIOS, F4 for that board, refers to "Modify TPM compatiblity". Wonder if that has anything to do with temp sensing/reading?
Could be worth a try.

-------------------------
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information