Increase font size
Topic Title: Continuing problems with new Athlon II based buils
Topic Summary:
Created On: 08/30/2011 10:15 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/30/2011 10:15 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
a.jenery
Lurker

Update on where I am now...

I disconnected the PC from the power cable, disconnected all cables, etc, etc, from the m'board - checked, and double-checked that there was no 'completed circuit' of any kind.

I then took out the CMOS battery using a plastic implement and then pushed the PSU switch to the ON posiiton to make sure that all current was discharged (then pushed the switch back to OFF) - waited at least another minute or more and then replaced the battery. So, I had now cleared the CMOS... I then reconnected all leads, connectors, etc, making sure that all connections were not lose, etc, before replacing the side panel and reconnecting the power lead.

I then booted up and a 'no kboard' message flashed-up for a split second before the speaker bleeped twice, followed by the message 'NTLDR is missing - Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart.' This did nothing! So I powered down.

I then realised this was of course because USB was disabled because of the new default BIOS settings, so I connected PS2 adapters to the kboard/mouse and then connected both to the PS2 ports. Powered-up again, and this time it booted OK and there were no display artifacts of any kind (onboard VGA being used).

Then the message 'Enter setup to recover BIOS settings' followed by 'F1 to Run SETUP' and 'F2 to load default values. I selected F1, but again got the message 'NTLDR is missing - Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart.' Tried this again, but the system hangs, so I pressed the reset switch and it booted again and I started to press the delete key. BIOS comes up OK and again no display artifacts.

My problem is, that this message ''NTLDR is missing - Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart' keeps comming up, and also in the BIOS I can't find anything that tells me what the CPU and RAM voltage is, never mind being able to change it if needed; only overclock voltage figures, but nothing that tells me the basic or 'mean' operating voltage! The boot order is also set to the right order, but I don't really know how to proceed here. Is it the default values I need, or the optimized default values?? What should I be doing now?
 09/01/2011 07:51 AM

Author Icon
RBR
Case Modder

Do you have a hard drive that is only used for data installed too? Sometimes it is not enough to only set boot priority but also to specify which hard drive to boot from. Other than that, it sounds like Windows needs to be repaired.

Check your motherboard manual for where they might hide CPU and RAM voltage.

-------------------------
 09/01/2011 09:52 PM

Author Icon
a.jenery
Lurker

Ah, OK I thought setting boot priority was enough on its own to tell the BIOS which drive to boot from. There's only one HDD that has one main partition for the Win-XP...
 09/18/2011 06:57 AM

Author Icon
a.jenery
Lurker

Hi everyone,

OK, I now have an up-and-running system I found that the memclock value in AMI BIOS was set too low at 400MHz which equates to only 800MHz, so I selected 667MHz which enables the RAM to run at 1334MHz. Win-7 is installed, the m;board drivers and the graphics card is installed, although I have issue with that...
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information