Increase font size
Topic Title: AMD Athlon 7750 dual core problems
Topic Summary: system idle is at 99 and cpu usage reads 50%
Created On: 11/22/2011 01:42 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
Answer This question was answered by Vkihyone, on Friday, November 25, 2011 1:19 AM

Answer:
Well I think I found the problem, from what I can see it was one of the windows xp auto updates that caused this problem, not sure how or why but after a complete reinstall of the os and before any updates the system works as it should, now to find out which update caused it
 11/22/2011 01:42 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Vkihyone
Lurker

couple weeks ago my system started getting real sluggish (i.e. 3 days to run virus scan) and when I checked it said my cpu was only using 50% and wouldn't go above that, so I'm not sure if this is a software issue or if it means I need a new processor.
 11/22/2011 02:08 AM

Author Icon
go_for
Alpha Geek

My guess it software / OS issue. Try a OS repair install, then update all drivers to latest.

-------------------------
 11/23/2011 01:44 AM

Author Icon
Vkihyone
Lurker

on further inspection it appears that for some reason my pc has decided that it will only give any one program only one processor to use, i.e. I ran folding@home and analyzed my disk for defrag just to see if it could go above 50% and it did indeed reach 100%, now I just need to figure out why it's doing this, also I tried repairing the os and updating the drivers but it didn't work.

Edited: 11/23/2011 at 07:53 AM by Vkihyone
 11/25/2011 01:19 AM

Author Icon
Vkihyone
Lurker

Answer Answer
Well I think I found the problem, from what I can see it was one of the windows xp auto updates that caused this problem, not sure how or why but after a complete reinstall of the os and before any updates the system works as it should, now to find out which update caused it
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information