Increase font size
Topic Title: XP2600+ 333FSB Locking up
Topic Summary:
Created On: 10/15/2004 05:26 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/15/2004 05:26 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
cobra2411

I have been having intermittent lockups with my Windows 2000 advanced server. I am using a Soyo KT400 Dragon MB with 512 MB DDR 333 memory.

At first I thought it might be a heat issue so I added another case fan and I’ve watched the temps real closely. CPU Die temp is 55C, so that should be fine.

I now think that it may be a voltage problem. I have a 400W P/S, which I think should be ok, but I have 3 HD’s, 2CD, 3 case fans, 1 CPU fan and 1 north bridge fan.

Should I look for a bigger P/S? Also I have been using the Soyo hardware monitor and the 3.3V power is only delivering 3.23V. Could this cause the computer to lockup? What is the 3.3v used for and where is it controlled (how can I change it?)? Of course now that I’m watching the computer isn’t locking up.

I’ve had it lock up within 30 seconds of bootup and it’s lasted for weeks between bootups. Also when I say lockup I don’t mean the BSOD, the computer just freezes. No logs, no dumps, no blue screen... I have to manually power it off and on.

If anyone has any ideas of tips I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks, David
 10/15/2004 08:03 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
zir_blazer
Code Warrior

My first sugerence is that you test the computer with only one Hard Drive connected to it and see if the Processor runs fine with it. If it do, then is possible that you need a better Power Supply.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information