Increase font size
Topic Title: AMD Athlon XP 2700+ and the Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe
Topic Summary:
Created On: 05/31/2004 11:12 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/31/2004 11:12 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Briansck

Before the end of last year a friend an I (who had built his own computer, and had substancial knowledge on what parts he advised to purchase) bought all the parts to build my computer. Im in love with it, it runs perfectly and its doing everything i had hoped it would do for me. Except 1 thing.

The mobo each time it powers up does a system check, well midway though that first athlon, i was getting a "system failed due to CPU Overclocking" notice, but the computer would still boot up. I would reboot and it would not appear again, so i put no real notice to it. Well, one day, suddenly my sound goes out, the screen goes black, im getting no respocne from the computer.

After trying to restart it, i found that the computer would no longer boot. Power would flow in, but it would not start up. Thats when i thought it was the processor. After an extremely annoying and irritating trip to frys, i came out with a new AMD Athlon 2700+. The exact same model as the one that was already in my computer.

Well, i poped it in the same motherboard (Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe) sure enough my computer booted. But i wanted to avoid any possible problems i would have with this one again.

After finaly rebooting after having everything installed again in my computer (i had forgotten to put inthe firewire) i once again got a system fail due to cpu overclocking notice. To which then i paniced and searched for my friend on assistance.

He would tell me to check system BIOS to see if everythign was on auto and optimal settings, which it was. He then told me that the CPU External Frequency should be at 133 (the mobo had it on 166). After i switched it i had no problems with the processor, or any error messages.

I would then check system config to see my athlon listed as a 2100+ rather then a 2700+. I checked the FSB settings as noted by many, but it was set on 333. I would update system bios to find my althon listed again as a 2700+ and no error messages. I was happy.

This morning. After having quite an annoying 45 minute drive around town thanks to some countless road blocks all around town (in a trip that would normaly take 2 minutes.) I find myself here on my computer. Boot up.

"System Failed due to CPU Overclocking"

I immediately check the system bios to find the CPU External Freq. back at 166. I set it back to 133, no error message. I then power up and check system bios to find what again?

AMD Athlon XP 2100+

Id like my processor back to the speeds it was made to dish out, and id like it done in a manner that i wont lose yet another athlon, which right now i dont have the money for.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information