Increase font size
Topic Title: Weird sound problem with ASUS A7N8X
Topic Summary:
Created On: 10/20/2004 11:14 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/20/2004 11:14 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Oldrocker99

Recently, after I installed the latest nForce drivers for my mobo, I had _almost_ no audio; only a faint sound would come from the speakers, even with the volume maxed out. After digging around for an evening or two, I discovered that the "Night Mode" in the NVMixer was enabled. I unchecked it and the sound came back fully rockin'.

On my next reboot, again no sound. I went into NVMixer, and, lo and behold, Night Mode was UNchecked. I checked it and the sound came back on. Now I have to toggle the Night Mode every time I reboot, an annoying little problem.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions about this?

ABS PC
Athlon XP 3000 +
1 GB RAM
PowerColor ATI Radeon 9600
600+ GB storage
DVD-ROM
Sony DRU-710A DVD-R

10/21/2004 05:05 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Jamsan

same thing just happened to me...I'm about to reboot to see if it keeps turning itself back on...Ill let you know if I figure something out.

edit: yep, its unchecked when i boot up, but the sound is low...if i check it/uncheck it, its fine..No idea whats going on...Also, I noticed the Asus post speak thing doesnt work either....Anyone have ANY suggestions?
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information