Increase font size
Topic Title: Problems with my setup. Please help
Topic Summary:
Created On: 06/28/2004 09:58 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/28/2004 09:58 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Vicious

Hi guys

I just received an Asus K8V SE Deluxe mobo and AMD 64 3200+ CPU.

I am trying to rebuild my computer with the new parts but I've been having problems. I've done computers several times and never had a problem.

Now that everything is in it's place. I am having trouble booting the pc. I power it on, but the screen remains blank. One of the monitors remains blank with the LED blinking green, the other older monitor says no signal. I tried two video cards with the same result.

I looked everywhere in the manual and from what I understand it's supposed to stay blank for about 30 seconds for power on tests, But it remains blank for a long time.

Anybody have any ideals please LMK
 06/29/2004 04:13 PM

Author Icon
Aubrey

You have posted in the XP forum, you will get better and more response if you post in the AMD 64 forum. Good luck you have the toughest problem to troublshoot about all you can do is go back through the entire build and make sure nothing was missed.

-------------------------
( Quote )
Possession of a powerful computer is no substitute for a working brain.
A working brain is no substitute for possession of a powerful computer.
 07/05/2004 09:27 PM

Author Icon
firingSquad04

Try making sure that all of your power conections to your components are pluged in correctly sometimes with the floppy it could cause this issue also make sure your floppy and hard drive ide cables are also in correctly list your system specs you may also be having a power problem hope this helps you I myself am having some problems with my pc as well
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information