AHHHHH!!!!!!!! Well my athlon Xp +1800 got chippde in the process of switching new heatsinks. So I went out and ordered a XP +2200. After ALONG TIME OF WAITING for it to be shipped.......I install it turn my computer on, it starts up. Then 3 seconds pass and My comp just shuts off.......thats all there is to it. What is wrong here!?
WAIT I HAVE AN UPDATE.......Now it just sits there.......no beeps no POST test er anything..........The moniter light just keeps flashing(like there nothing being sent)
Ok I bought the compaq 6400NX like almost 2 years from now, the onlythign im still using in it is the MOBO, HDD,CD-RW,and the PSU. The heatsink is a AVC i dont know exacly what model er anything. Thermal compund..... Just a little there were like none left but I got enough on. (Hopefully) I have no idea were the CMOS jumpers are because i've looked everywhere and nowhere does it tell what MOBO it has. O yea and is the CMOS battery the same as the BIOS battery......? Cause I think i know were the BIOS battery is and i left that out and unplugged the comp for like 15 min. Now I just need to find the CMOS jumper. Then when I find it how do I exacly "clear" it. Do I just take it out and put it back in, take it out leave it out er what. ~_~ :\
if you took out the battery for some time, you cleared the cmos. cmos is a memory chip that remebers the values changed in bios. now put it back in and boot post what it happening now... i don't belive you actually burned your cpu