Increase font size
Topic Title: help with stand by, fans and restart
Topic Summary:
Created On: 12/17/2003 08:34 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/17/2003 08:34 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
mopower

I have recently set up a new system. I used an ECS K7VTA3 motherboard with a 2200 xp t-bred cpu, 512mb ddr pc2700. I used to be able to put my old system on stand by and it would completely shut down leaving no noise. But now when I hit stand by, the hard drive and monitor go to "sleep" but the fans on the power supply, cpu and case keep going. It is annoying because of the noise. Is there anything I can do that will make them go to sleep also but without affecting them when it comes time to start it up again?
Also, when I hit restart instead of shutdown, the monitor shuts off and it appears that the computer will restart but it never does. The hard drive led light is on but the monitor stays off and the computer never really comes back on. I have to shut it down and and start it up again to make it work. I thought that reinstalling windows xp would fix it but it didn't. Anything suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading this.

-------------------------
AMD X2 4400 S939 (2.2ghz)
Windows XP Home SP2
Asrock 939 Dual Sata II mobo
2gb Corsair XMS DDR Dual Channel 400mhz 3-3-3-8
BFG 6800GT PCIE vid card
Maxtor 160gb
Western Digital 200gb
Western Digital 320gb
Ultra 600watt SLI Power Supply
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information